• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 87 ranger 2.0 to 5.0

so my ranger i picked up for 200 bucks is a 2.0 5 speed, manual brakes and manual steering. i'm thinking of putting a 90's 302 and a m5od 5 speed from a f150 into it this summer just for some fun. my questions are, what would be needed for the clutch system, motor mounts, headers, driveshaft...
  2. 87 ranger radio install issues

Like the title says i put a new radio in my truck to replace the old audiovox that was in it. The wiring that was powering the old radio was sketchy. But it worked. When i put in the new radio i found a good power and switched power source. Now since then my dash lights do not work and my...
  3. Ive returned

Hey guys. I came back to the ranger crowd. I used to have a 94. Traded that for a 86 fox body mustang. And as of yesterday i picked up a 87 ranger. I got a few questions about it. So far i know its a 2.0 5 speed. Has about 194k on it. Its a base model ranger. No a/c. Manual steering and brakes...
  4. Got some new wheels today.

Alright so I got some 2007 mustang Bullitt style rims today for my ranger. 17x8's. And my question is. With these particular wheels be a direct bolt on to my ranger? It's a 1994 2wd. I've read about other mustang wheels having fitment issues with the hub area. And the mustang wheel tech thing...
  5. Gauge problems

Yesterday I pulled my cluster apart to replace some burnt out lights. I didn't take the entire cluster out I just removed the gauges one by one. Since I have put it back together my speedometer is off by about 10 mph. So instead of 45 it's 55. Before it was about 2mph to slow because I have a...
  6. Having radio problems

So I'm having a few issues with my radio, speakers and sub. I have a Kenwood head unit, alpine sub and a dual amp. I just recently installed 4 kicker 6x8s. And ever since then I've been getting bad reception on the radio and my sub has almost no bass. Also the speakers them selves have no bass...
  7. Sloppy shifter. 94 m5od.

As the title says. The shifter in my truck us really floppy and not very precise. And it's somewhat clunky when changing gear. Is this a normal thing for rangers? I've never driven another manual ranger. I have driven a 98 f150 with the m5od-r2. And that shifter felt so much better than mine...
  8. What transmission to use?

My question is, what would be a better transmission for a 302 swap, a t5, or the m5od from a 4.2 f150? Would the t5 handle abuse in a extended cab with a mild 302? Or are there any other 5 speeds that would word behind a 302?
  9. 4.0 maf housing

I have a 80mm mass air housing and sensor from a 05 crown vic. I was curious if I could make it work on my truck. Is that's even possible to do?
  10. 94 4.0 upgrades

The list of planned upgrades I have are Comp 422 cam Hedman headers Dynomax exhaust Mild port and polish on the heads and have them milled down a little. Better coil Would I need a tune for the cam, and are valve springs a must with that specific cam? Also what gains am I looking at with all of...
  11. New guy from ohio.

I've been floating around the forum for a while. Decided to join. I come with many questions too. I have a 94, extended cab 2wd. Currently a 4.0 5 speed. I'm wanting to do a 5.0 5 speed swap. But my questions are, what do I do for wiring for a carb'd 302 to keep my gauges and everything working...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad