• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Replacing the clutch. Are these good?

Replacing the clutch in my '10 4L, 4x4, Sport. Looking at these clutch kits. I'm not really modded, just recently did a OEM+ (Mustang GT) diff cover and I have redline fluids, but that's it. I just want a clutch kit with a little more than stock and I know these names...
  2. Air assist shock VS spring assist shock.

Is there a brand you prefer and why?
  3. Which Transmission Fluid is best?

I'm sure y'all are sick of me and this thread (sorrynotsorry) but my Ranger does not have NPT fittings for drain or fill plugs. It's a 15/16 hex head and 35ft/lbs tq spec.
  4. Which Transmission Fluid is best?

I want to apologize to everybody for the headache this has been. Lol. I'm a bit of a perfectionist and have an unhealthy need for understand why and how things work. Especially when I (not a professional) attempt tasks I am not well acquainted with. So, for that, I'm sorry. I suppose I'm just...
  5. Which Transmission Fluid is best?

So the D4 ATF from Redline can be used for Both the Transmission AND the Transfer case?
  6. Which Transmission Fluid is best?

As far as filling the various cases, I use a hand pump for my VWs. I was going to do the same for the ranger. Obviously with a different pump as I use MT90 for my VWs.
  7. Which Transmission Fluid is best?

I was hoping this would be a very short and easy thread. However, between folks with more years of experience than I've been alive (30) going back and forth on what is and isn't available, this has been far more complicated than I anticipated. I saw that that was cleared up, so it helped a bit...
  8. Which Transmission Fluid is best?

Ok, so I dont need a friction modifier?
  9. Which Transmission Fluid is best?

I read that I may need friction modifier for the diffs. This is the fluid I'm looking at. https://www.redlineoil.com/75w140-ns-gl-5-gear-oil Making sure I understand this correctly. If my diffs are limited slip, I NEED friction modifier. If it's an open diff, I do NOT need it. Right? For 4x4...
  10. Which Transmission Fluid is best?

If they provide the best flow, why is there a Ford Performance version? Looking at the inside of the 2 (Ford Performance and stock) they look pretty similar. Except the Ford Performance once is aluminum, finned and has a fill and drain plug and a port for a temp sensor. I wont be use a sensor...
  11. Which Transmission Fluid is best?

Ok. I see. Thank Dirtman. Any input on the diff covers?
  12. Which Transmission Fluid is best?

Idk if there is conflicting opinions here or if I'm confusing myself. Redline website says my transmission is the M5R1HD but I'm being told here that I have an M5ODHD. I'm going to assume that redline is wrong. From my experience with euros, websites selling aftermarket options are more wrong...
  13. Which Transmission Fluid is best?

What did I miss? 4x4junkie said his books say to use gear oil. He said M2C192A was the specification for the synthetic.
  14. Which Transmission Fluid is best?

Sorry for my lag everybody. Been busy few days. And there is a wealth of information. I'm gonna need a minute to digest it all. I'm coming up on my 21st hr. I'm likely have to re-read this a few times. But I'll give it a go now. Let me know if I'm wrong and/or missed anything. "Synthetic is...
  15. Which Transmission Fluid is best?

@Dirtman, I literally JUST watch a video about doing rear diff service by, I believe "ChrisFix", he mentioned the tag on one of the diff bolts. I know about lifting the drive wheels off the ground and spinning them. Idk why I didn't think to apply it to this. I'm kinda retarded. I live in the...
  16. Which Transmission Fluid is best?

How do I tell which diff I have? Lots of good info there. Thanks
  17. Which Transmission Fluid is best?

Is it better or would I better better off with Redline?
  18. Which Transmission Fluid is best?

I hardly ever us 4x4. Maybe once or twice a year. Only when I need it. I wish my Ranger was 2x4 but I couldn't find it in 2x4. Oh well. I just remembered that oil's specified for Euros have a specification code. Does Ford do have the same or similar system? Or do they only specify by weight?
  19. Which Transmission Fluid is best?

I read that synthetics could be bad because they're TOO fine. Seemed more like a fancy way of saying "I dont trust new technology" to be but I believe he was a younger tech. So I wasn't sure. Any credibility to that? I'll be sure to check I out. Thanks.
  20. Which Transmission Fluid is best?

Where were we on diff fluid/oil? OEM or some full synthetic aftermarket brand?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad