• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Boingo

1986 Ranger A/C condenser option ?

The kit all in one place is still worth it. Thanks for the heads up. Not sure what I can do about a condenser as of yet.
  2. Boingo

Awesome kit in one place. Thank you. Unfortunately, they also do not have the condenser like everywhere else I have looked.
  3. Boingo

No one seems to make an original condenser anymore. If someone knows of a place it would be much appreciated. I know there are universal condensers that can be bought, but how are people connecting them to to these ford spring fittings ? Do they make fittings ? Bottom line, i need a...
  4. Boingo

Bad Cam and/or lifters ?

Valve covers off and more inspection. Turn out there is some rust on the original pushrods, not much on the springs, rockers. Thinking maybe the valve head sides had more rust than i can see with the heads still attached. Valve guides and seats could have issues. I want to do it right and once...
  5. Boingo

Bad Cam and/or lifters ?

I'm finding that out...lol
  6. Boingo

Bad Cam and/or lifters ?

Yes, I set the timing at 10deg BTDC with the spout removed. My elevation is 860, so yes below 3k It's definitely not 18-21 vacuum, although 17 is just below and maybe the new gauge is off some. I hooked it up at the extra offshoot where the brake booster is plugged into. As far as i can tell...
  7. Boingo

Bad Cam and/or lifters ?

The two intake valves were stuck closed. I'm thinking the seats stuck to head of the valves from the build and sitting for so long. So when the valves did not move the rods bent. It might have damaged the lifters since the compressed enough to bend the rods. I was only thinking possible cam...
  8. Boingo

Bad Cam and/or lifters ?

SO, I'll give all the details. You decide what is relevant. My guess is a bad cam lobes and/or lifters. 1986 Ford Ranger 2.9 xlt auto 2wd. The motor was rebuilt by a very reliable guy we know. It was a family member's truck, then i got it years later. It sat in this truck for 5 years without...
  9. Boingo

86 ranger won't start with new relay

Welp. I didnt want to bug the Ranger forum minds, but I am stumped. I have a 1986 ranger extended cab xlt with a 2.9. Towed it from the desert where it sat since 99 lol. Pretty much entirely new now. I didn't feel I was wasting money because I have no plans on getting rid of it. It has a rebuilt...
  10. Boingo

what is the Exhaust Heat Control (heat riser)

I recently got a hold of this 1986 Ranger xlt 2wd with a 2.9. Already had a fresh engine and tranny. Everything is pretty much new in the last month from the fuel pumps, regulator, iac, egr, sensors, ecm, new distributor, and all inbetween. It's been sitting in a desert climate since 99. I...
  11. Boingo

I see you, hello

Just popping on to say hello. I have a 1986 ford ranger xlt 2wd with the fun 2.9. :yahoo:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad