• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Ranger4x4.0

4.0 Running Very Rich

I've got a 1998 Ranger 4.0. And it is running extremely rich. This might be a little long, but I want to include every detail leading up to this issue that me and my mechanic cannot figure out. I should mention here and now, through all this, ZERO codes were thrown, and everything checks out to...
  2. Ranger4x4.0

2014 Focus engine bay full of snow!

So Missouri is being hammered by Gia. There's already 8 inches of snow where I'm at and is supposed to continue snowing until tomorrow night. On my way home from work, there was a wreck so I took a gravel road that hasn't been plowed or driven on yet. The snow was above the bottom of my bumper...
  3. Ranger4x4.0

Rough/surging idle

I have a '98 4.0. It surges up and down rapidly, idles very high at 1500 and even 2000 rpms, or just barely running like its coughing at very low rpms and sometimes dies. I think it has something to do with the egr valve, the thing with a round top and a vacuum hose coming out from the top. I...
  4. Ranger4x4.0

Emergency plz help

I'm stuck in the middle of nowhere! Took my 98 Ranger out to toy around because we got 3 inches of snow last night. Long story short I'm stuck and can easily get out IF MY 4X4 WOULD ENGAGE! It has always worked fine. I thought it was engaged but obviously not. The light is on solid, tried low...
  5. Ranger4x4.0

Suggestions..

What would be the best shocks for my 1998 4x4 stock everything? Off-road and on-road use is usually 50-50. Heard that bilstein is the best but i suck at trying to find them online so links would be appreciated, thanks! Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
  6. Ranger4x4.0

96 Olds Cutlass Trans Problem. Has me Puzzled!

I have a 1996 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Coupe with a 3.4 V6 (LQ1) and a 4t60e transmission. First of all, this is why I don't buy a Chevy, or anything with an automatic, but i did... The problem I'm having is when I'm in 4th gear (od) it feels very sluggish. I can't explain it exactly but I'll...
  7. Ranger4x4.0

Transfer case leak? Oil leak?

Here is the link to the original post because I'm too lazy to type everything up again and copy the pics. http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173677 Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
  8. Ranger4x4.0

Transfer case leak?

I can't really tell if it's leaking from a seal or somewhere else, but it's definitely leaking. Also, while I am here, it also appears that oil is leaking from somewhere. There is a drop or two on the filter as you can see, but i think it's from when I changed my oil last night and didn't...
  9. Ranger4x4.0

CEL Light not Working; Replaced Bulb

It worked fine before, and then it went out after taking it to the shop. I just got done replacing all the bulbs back there and it still does not work. I would really like it to work. Tia. Sent from my SAMSUNG S7 using Crapatalk
  10. Ranger4x4.0

Accurate?

Do you guys think this is an accurate video about a ford ranger? https://youtu.be/L_TQo3yDkVo Personally, I think ford rangers are in no way a "throw away" vehicle. I see so many with hundreds of thousands of miles. Mine, for example, is a few hundred miles away from 200k. Yeah she gave me...
  11. Ranger4x4.0

Vacuum Hose(s)?

1998 4.0. Scanned my computer today to see if I have any codes (cel doesn't work) and Came up with: P0174- Fuel System Too Lean Bank 2 P0171- Fuel System Too Lean Bank 1 Says most possible reason is Faulty Vacuum Hose(s). I had the intake gaskets replaced not too long ago so I wouldn't...
  12. Ranger4x4.0

I found a Ham Radio?

So I found this thing. I have no idea how it works, know nothing about it. Behind the battery, it says it's a UHF FM transceiver, kenwood ta-3312. I have a phone and a cb in my ranger, but that's as far as I go with 2-way communication lol. I know that using one of these without a license...
  13. Ranger4x4.0

1993 Yamaha Timberwolf

I have a 93 timberwolf 2wd. I was riding in a field at top speed and I slammed into a ditch on accident, the rear bottomed out and made a horrible grinding noise and I lost all power to the wheels. I turned it off and looked at the differential first because it has always been messed up. This is...
  14. Ranger4x4.0

Cluster lights went off, then on?

I noticed the left half of my cluster lights were out, and figured it was just the light burned out. But a month now, and I caught it flicker for a second. I tapped on the dash and they lit up. Could this just be the black screw on things loose or a short, or worse? Tia Sent from my SAMSUNG S7...
  15. Ranger4x4.0

Cigarette Lighter in Dash

No, I don't smoke. Okay maybe a little but don't tell my mother! Long story short my drunken step-father stuck his finger in it and broke it after I told him it will break and he just knew everything about cigarette lighters and twisted it and snapped the plastic. I cried a little because...
  16. Ranger4x4.0

Tailgate Handle Broke!

My tailgate handle has been broke since i bought the truck and today I finally decided to take it apart. The right side latch has never latched, only the left latch keeps the tailgate up. I looked at it and I can't figure out why the right side won't make it all the way into the hole. It's never...
  17. Ranger4x4.0

97 Ranger Won't Start.

My grandpa has a 97 ranger that he drove for years until it ran into a fuse problem. Right now, its sitting in the barnyard, rotting away in the blistering sun. He told me I can have it if i can fix it or else he is just going to junk it. Its a single cab, power nothing, automatic, 4 banger. I...
  18. Ranger4x4.0

Keyless Entry Remote?

My remotes buttons don't work anymore, and I would get a new remote but I don't know how to program it. The remote I have isn't factory and I bought the truck with it. The remote brand is ICD. I tried turning the key 8 times and didnt do anything. So I'm assuming its aftermarket keyless Entry...
  19. Ranger4x4.0

I've had it with the clutch!

Truck info if needed: 1998 4.0 ohv, 4x4, 190,000 miles I'm having this problem, and had it since I bought it, but my foot and arm is saying no more! It will sometimes, well when it's cold, not go into gear, I know I know, there's posts like crazy about it, but mine is a little different. Maybe...
  20. Ranger4x4.0

Do I need a T bar crank?

1998 4.0, 3.78 diff. Current tire size 235/75/r15 I'm planning on getting 31x10.50r15 bfg ko2s to put on my stock rims. Everything is stock, so would I need a T bar crank? Do they rub? How much power and mpg loss? Tia. Sent from my SAMSUNG S6 using Crapatalk

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad