• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Mhfco6

88 Bronco leak & wet floors

In my venture to find my water leak, I’ve vacuumed out the cowl and removed the seats. I need to pull the carpet back to find the water but also dry out the carpet. How do I remove the shifter from A4LD?
  2. Mhfco6

A4LD Trans Temp Gauge

I'd like to install a trans temp gauge on my A4LD. I've browsed the forum here and people suggest using the test port or the "OUT" return cooler line because it will have hottest temp. I also see people suggesting this autometer adapter. What exactly is the adapter for? Cant I just screw the...
  3. Mhfco6

2.9 Alternator

My 88 Bronco keeps dying even after charging the battery. I’ve tried 3 different batteries. The last one was recently tested good. When charging the battery the alternator is warm to the touch. Truck will start after a good charge. Once the truck is shut off, it will not start back up shortly...
  4. Mhfco6

300/T18 pulling power

I pulled a 24’ enclosed trailer and Chevy ii roller yesterday. Compared to my dodge 24v this truck was a slug. I was hoping it would have done better. On hills I was constantly downshifting from 4th to 3rd and didn’t have a lot of power. Is this normal or should I be looking to tune up...
  5. Mhfco6

Leaky A4LD

I got about 180 miles in my trek back to see my grandpa who gave my this Bronco and I saw smoke pouring out of the back. I pulled over and trans fluid was on the ground. The dipstick said about 1-2 quarts low so I limped it to a parts store and filled it up. It eventually came back out the...
  6. Mhfco6

Running Rough & EEC Codes

Starting a new thread since all the other issues have been resolved, thanks again guys. Can anyone help me investigate these further? I’ve checked all grounds and they are intact, may have a bit corrosion. Battery to core support wire grounds are good and battery to frame to engine 4a are good...
  7. Mhfco6

88 Bronco II Won’t Start

I’ve got spark so figured I start a new thread. I replaced the coil and I’m getting much stronger spark now. I can get a very small hope that it will start then never commits. I can’t find a compression tester with a small enough hose clamp that will slide through the block to meet the plug...
  8. Mhfco6

88 Bronco 2 No spark

I have been doing a lot of work on this 88 bronco 2 that I inherited. It has not started since in my possession, or for the past 10 years. I pulled #1 plug to TDC and ran the crank pulley the rest of the way to 10 BTDC. I marked the dizzy and made sure they rotor was pointing to #1 plug wire...
  9. Mhfco6

88 bronco ii fuel pump

My inertia switch was bad so I bypassed for testing. Was able to jump the green fuel pump relay and start the HP frame rail pump but no fuel is coming out. Should this start the in tank pump as well, or is it shot?
  10. Mhfco6

2.9 Starter Bolts

Anyone know what size the starter mounting bolts are? Are they the same size as all the other motor to trans mounting bolts? They are missing on my project, someone took off starter and the bolts are awol.
  11. Mhfco6

88 Bronco II 2.9 Oil pan

Grandpa just gave me this bronco and said my cousin dropped the pan to replace gasket but never finished. I think I know why he stopped. I spent all day trying to get the oil pan off. I followed the Haynes manual guide plus removed the trans mount bolts and jacked the trans up. Motor is up...
  12. Mhfco6

F150 1 ton axle & suspension swap

My buddy has a 1997 F350 4 door that he is swapping axles/suspension to acquire 4.10 gears. His parts truck is a single cab. Can I take his original F350 axles/suspension and swap them on my 1987 F150 supercab? The rear seems straight forward, but looks like I might need a kit like this for the...
  13. Mhfco6

TACH CLUSTER UPGRADE ISSUE

I have a 1987 F150 and I swapped out the cluster with a tach. Been keeping my eye out for one from a manual/300. The switch was plug and play and went perfect. After admiring the tach at idle and a few revs the temp gauge pegged out hot and the engine light came on. I ran a jumper from the...
  14. Mhfco6

87 4.9 300 won’t start

Hey guys need some help here. After jump starting my truck the starter solenoid started smoking and stuck causing the truck to keep trying to start. I pulled the Negative terminal and got a new solenoid. Now the truck won’t start. I thought it was ignition switch so I pulled the steering wheel...
  15. Mhfco6

I6 300 ROUGH IDLE

I’ve been trying to chase down a rough idle and need some help please. I’ve cleaned the IAC, replaced TB with a Delphi sensor, blocked EGR valve then unblocked and replaced gasket, unplugged 02 sensor while running but nothing has helped. 1987 F150 Codes are 41 63 and 32...
  16. Mhfco6

Firewall Cracked @ Master Cylinder!

Does anyone have a sure fire way of fixing the firewall at the clutch master cylinder. I replaced my leaking master cylinder on my 91 Ranger thinking i was going to fix my truck and then I heard the pop at the firewall. Even bent my new pushrod and broke the welded nuts for the bolts! I’ve...
  17. Mhfco6

New headlight switch HOT

I replaced my headlight switch because the headlights were cycling on/off going down the road. The old switch did not rest on the dome light contact. The new switch rests on the dome light contact so the only way to turn it off is turn the switch clockwise a bit. This work but the ceramic wheel...
  18. Mhfco6

Wheel specs the same for Bronco - F150?

Are the offset, lug pattern, and bore size the same? I'm looking at a set of Ford aluminum Alcoa style 15'' from a 1994 Bronco. Will they fit my 87 F150? The front shaft seems to stick out past the wheel, further than my F150. May just be missing the cover.
  19. Mhfco6

Ground Cable @ Fuse Box

I had to replace my starter solenoid and every since I moved the ground it must have broken all the corrosion up inside the sheathing. It will only start if I wiggle to wire. I can’t seem to find a way to disconnect the section at the fuse box. Anyone know if it’s made into the fuse box or can’t...
  20. Mhfco6

WINDOW STILL LEAKS

I replaced the rear window rubber seal, and the rear slider is still leaking. I cut out the rusted driver floor panel and welded a new floor in so would like to get this leak fixed. It looks to be coming from the bottom corners of both passenger and driver side. Rolling down the back of the cab...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad