• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 89 2.9L STILL not running right

Ok, still working on my 1989 ford ranger extended cab 2wd. Started off with broken valve spring and cracked head. Ran on but was noisy. Replaced both heads, new bolts etc. Found a good deal on fuel injectors so replaced them since they were off. New cap/rotor/plugs/wires, new thermostat, air...
  2. need help with timing please

Hopefully the picture show up, I do not understand by the timing marks where 10 degrees before top dead center is I see TDC then several marks one shows 1 2 the other shows 2 0 then 2 7 then 3 3 <a href="http://s156.photobucket.com/albums/t1/Lisaburns1978/?action=view&current=timing1.jpg"...
  3. finding TDC

how can I find Top dead cener of number 1 while it is on the compression stroke, the distributor was put in wrong, and the heads were replaced and valves need to be readjusted. I was told to place my finger in the plug hole on number 1 and turn the engine until air blows out of the spark plug...
  4. oxygen sensor

Hello, my check engine light came on on my 89 ranger 2.9L pulls code 41 which says hego (ho2s) sensor voltage low/ system lean hego (ho2s) sensor signal out of range/ always lean No ho2s switching detected I replaced the oxygen sensor, and cat 2 months ago, only drove about 6 miles, and had...
  5. water in exhaust

Ok, on my 89 ranger 2.9L I replaced the heads with rebuilt heads. I put in new head gaskets using the copper spray sealer. Tightened all head bolts to torque recomendations in chilton. and in the order they listed. However I noticed today that there seems to be a pretty good amount of water...
  6. Tapping noise

Ok My 89 ranger 2.9L engine was making a tapping noise, everyone said it sounded like a bad lifter. I pulled the heads and replaced all lifters. Took heads down to machine shop to have cleaned and surfaced, had broken springs so ended up having to rebuilt heads. I have got it all reassembled and...
  7. how to replace oil pan gasket

Ok I have the oil pan out, and when taking the old gasket off it seems like around the part that is the larger half circle it seems like there is part of the gasket stuck up between the transmission and the engine. Do I have to unbolt the transmission to put in the oil pan gasket? the book said...
  8. Oil Pump Question

Hello all, I just had a question. I just had the heads rebuilt on my 89 ranger 2.9L. I currently have the oil pan off because it was leaking, and am replacing gasket. I was just wondering if I should replace the oil pump and or oil screen while the pan is off. I was reading in another post...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad