• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. joenorthcarolina

M5OD-R1HD upgrade questions

I've seen a couple threads where people have upgraded pre-1995 RBVs with newer M5OD-R1HD trannys. I like the idea of the lower 1st & 2nd gear, but even after a few hours of reading, I'm sort of confused. I've yet to find out how these guys are making their speedometers work. From what I've...
  2. joenorthcarolina

Fuel Accumulator canister removal

Ok, my truck started spilling fuel from the Fuel Accumulator canister. I guess thats what its called, at least thats what I've read. Any how, I've attached is a example photo of the thing. So, since I've already replaced the in-tank pump with a Walbro 190 and detached the 2nd frame rail pump...
  3. joenorthcarolina

2nd gen Explorer 4.0 OHV ok for swap ?

Sorry if this has been discussed. I have to work later tonight and I don't have time to do the research. Anyway, I found a 2nd Gen Explorer with a 4.0 OHV engine, its got a ceramic/black plastic intake. So, I'm not certain of the exact year of the truck but it is a push rod motor. after a quick...
  4. joenorthcarolina

4.0 swap options: Carb, TFI-Dist, Alt ECU

Hey guys, so I've not seen any 4.0 swap threads that explain what to do after swapping a Ranger harness then correcting the brake light/power window issues. *Please link a thread if there is a full write up* Anyway, that issue has lead me to investigate alternative methods of doing the 4.0...
  5. joenorthcarolina

Dash Swap:New to older style

I'm wondering if I can swap my 90 BII dash with a older model dash. I like how the old dash allows for quick heater core replacement. It took me about 10 minutes to put a new heater core in my 88 Ranger. :D
  6. joenorthcarolina

Will a Ranger Lift Kit fit a Bronco II ?

A guy on Craigslist has a 87 Ranger with about 3.5" suspension lift so I'm wondering if the kit will fit my 90 BII ? I know the 87 Ranger should have a Dana 28 but my 90 BII has a D35. Just wondering if the drop bracket and all will interchange.
  7. joenorthcarolina

? What Vacuum is this ? ('88 2.3L)

Doing a Mustang Intake swap on my '88 Ranger 2.3L with the relocated Idle Air Control Valve. While doing so I pulled these 2 little vacuum switched solenoid things loose from my inner fender. They were held in place with a dry rotted rubber mount. The 2 vacuum lines (Red & Green) are...
  8. joenorthcarolina

Water Leaks

To begin with I know my roof seams are busted and caused my roof liner to get wet. I started taking all the interior out and found some new areas of interest. Both kick panels are currently wet. The back of the computer was starting to rust. I also noticed some foam inserts in the both kick...
  9. joenorthcarolina

WTB: Front Exhaust Hanger

Please delete i've already relocated the thread
  10. joenorthcarolina

87 Ranger Front Turn Signal Panel Replacement

Hey guys. I'm thinking of buying a 87 Ranger but the front Turn Signal Panel is beat up bad. Does that panel come off with house hold tools or will it require a shop and or welding ?
  11. joenorthcarolina

91 & 95 Explorer interchangeable slip yokes ?

I'm reasearching the Explorer front driveshaft modification (u-joint) for my 1990 Bronco II. I need to know if the "Front" Driveshaft Slips are interchangeable from 1st Gen to 2nd Gen. I keep finding several guys with the earlier models BIIs that have no problems switching the entire front...
  12. joenorthcarolina

2.3L Fuel Injection to Carburetor Coversion

Duh, sorry about the topic typo. I meant conversion. Anyway, What needs to be done to swap out the 88 Fuel Injection to a Carburetor set up ? Please don't ask why because I will not answer. I've heard enough criticism lately. :thefinger: I just need to know what has to be done and...
  13. joenorthcarolina

2.3L Tubular Header mounting: Studs or Bolts ?

I just got a late model 2.3L header from a 96 Ranger. I got the header from a junk yard but it did not come with bolts. There are spacers on the mounting holes that are about 1.5" long. My concern is, were the fasteners actually studs or just plan bolts ? Does anyone have a source for these...
  14. joenorthcarolina

2.3L Tubular header mounting bolts or studs ?

Please delete
  15. joenorthcarolina

Bad Spark Plug (See Picture) Cause ?

I just bought a 90 B2 XLT. This is my #4 spark plug. The rest of the plugs are fine. It still has a miss-fire after all new cap/rotor,wires, and motorcraft plugs. The exhaust is not smoking, yet. I'm thinking I have a bad injector dumping too much fuel. What do you all think ?
  16. joenorthcarolina

WANTED: BroncoII Fuel Injector

My #4 Fuel Injector is pouring gas and fouling my plug. Anyone have a spare to sell ? Thanks
  17. joenorthcarolina

broncoii.org forum ???

Hey guys. Sorry to speak of another forum if that bothers any of you. Anyway, I've tried to register at broncoii.org and I'm supposed to recieve a email after the admins review my info. Its been several days now and I still have not recieved any word from them. I'm just wondering if that site...
  18. joenorthcarolina

Thunderbird Turbo Coupe owner with a question about Ranger 2.3L radiator fan ???

Hello everyone that took the time to look at this thread. I dont have a Ranger and I cant seem to find a picture of a belt driven radiator fan for the Ranger 2.3 so I'm asking the experts here. My Ford T-Bird 2.3 Turbo came with dual electric fans and its running hot after a 3 row aluminum...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad