• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. robotzombies

Explorer radiator swap into Ranger

I just did this about a week or two ago because my reservoir was constantly empty (assuming there was a coolant leak somewhere that I couldn't find). Just wanted to add my experience into this thread because this was the thread I used to help me do all the work, and if anyone finds this thread...
  2. robotzombies

Ranger to Explorer radiator post, find it please

I just did this about a week or two ago because my reservoir was constantly empty (assuming there was a coolant leak somewhere that I couldn't find). Just for future reference, I was using this thread to figure everything out...
  3. robotzombies

Wanted 1st/2nd Gen M5OD Cylinder Block Rear Plate Separator

Alright, just a quick update on this thread. Firstly, big thanks to everyone that provided input and information. Thanks to @RobbieD for putting up some pictures, and thanks to @alwaysFlOoReD for the same and also sending me the plate they had. I received the plate, and I had a chance to fit it...
  4. robotzombies

Hey there. I saw your truck in the lifted truck thread, and I wanted to ask a question. Hope you...

Hey there. I saw your truck in the lifted truck thread, and I wanted to ask a question. Hope you don't mind. I have a similar build to yours. I've already cut the front fenders. I still need to do the same for the rear, but I'm wondering if you figured out a way to deal with any gaps between...
  5. robotzombies

bronco 2 -sunroof

I know it's been a while since someone commented in this thread, but I installed a sunroof in my truck, and it is similar to the one in the manual that RobbieD is showing. It came from a first gen Explorer, and it has the round crank handle. If it's anything like mine, you have to crank up the...
  6. robotzombies

Dang, thanks RobbieD. That's super helpful, too. The issue with the 2.8/2.9 plate is that since I'm converting to 4.0 clutch, flywheel, and starter, I don't think the 4.0 starter will fit. At least according to the two write ups I've seen here and on the Explorer forum and a couple people in...
  7. robotzombies

Wow, I appreciate the effort that you went through. Thanks a lot. I did some digging on the numbers stamped on the plates. I found very little, and nothing definitive, but it looks like the E37E-6A373-EA might be from a 2.9 Ranger/Bronco II, which is what I already have, and the F07E-6A373-CC...
  8. robotzombies

Thanks for the confirmation. Now all I have to do is find one. Anyone have a lead on one? As mentioned, I can find Explorers and Rangers in junkyards around here, but it's hard to find a manual Explorer, and Rangers are hit and miss as far as engine and transmission types.
  9. robotzombies

Yes, Uncle Grump, I was planning on using the 4.0 flywheel/clutch. Sorry, I forgot to mention that.
  10. robotzombies

Is there a way to confirm without actually having the two pieces side by side? It's pretty difficult to find this part on websites, and the ones I do find say they don't fit the Bronco II. I was just going off of this write up, which is the same swap as mine...
  11. robotzombies

Hey everyone, I have literally all the parts for my FM146 to M5OD swap except for this separator plate (looks like the part number may be 1L5Z-7007-AA). I can find it online, but only on sketchy websites that I'm not sure I can trust. There are Explorers and Rangers in the junkyards around...
  12. robotzombies

Oil Pump Replacement and Prime

It can never be easy, can it. Thanks, RonD, for the reply. From what I'm understanding, it's just two things: access to the bolts of the pan, and being able to drop the pan by clearing all the other elements. So while I probably don't have to take off everything the Haynes manual says to, it'll...
  13. robotzombies

Oil Pump Replacement and Prime

Hi everyone, I'm getting a little lifter tick in 1989 Bronco II with 2.9 engine. The truck sits for a while, so I'm assuming that oil is probably gravitating downward during the sitting time, and therefore top end is not being lubricated as it should be. So I've got the Melling high volume oil...
  14. robotzombies

Front Wheel Bearing Sizes

I plan on taking my time. I want to make sure if things are getting sanded down, like nicks and burrs, that it's done evenly across the circumference of the spindle. Planning on sanding in intervals and doing tests fits in between sanding. Hopefully that'll get it to a point where it fits just...
  15. robotzombies

Interestingly enough, I found this thread on a classic Bronco forum where someone was using the Timken Set37 as the inner bearing for an old Bronco, and the person was having the same issue as me: https://classicbroncos.com/forums/threads/front-wheel-bearing-wont-fit-on-spindle.288436/ They had...
  16. robotzombies

Pretty sure it's not an ABS spindle, does not have any cutouts of any kind except for the keyway and the bolt holes. Current spindles aren't bad, but I wanted to get to a point where I could replace all the original stuff on the axle since I'm pretty sure most of it is actually original...
  17. robotzombies

I called Bronco Graveyard, they said that the parts should fit together, but they didn't have any manufacturing specs for the Dana spindle, unfortunately. They suggested running some sandpaper around the spindle a little bit to get them to fit, similar to franklin2's suggestion. I did find the...
  18. robotzombies

I went ahead and bought a cheap measuring caliper. Barring any margin of error from the cheapest caliper I could find, looks like the outside diameter of the spindle is 44 mm, while the inside diameter of the bearing is slightly less than 44 mm (could be user error for measurement, but even if...
  19. robotzombies

Hey everyone. I'm looking to do some wheel bearing and spindle replacement soon. In the past, I have had issues with wheel bearings not going onto the spindle very well. To the point where I have to give up and reuse old ones because the new ones just won't go on all the way. They fit into the...
  20. robotzombies

WTB: Dana 35 intermediate/outer front axles Seattle/Lynnwood/Everett

I just wanted to see if anyone arounf my area might have the front axles from a Dana 35 lying around. I keep either cracking or bending the ears trying to get the u joints out. If anyone has any spares, and has them available before wednesday, let me know how much, where you're located, and...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad