• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. dgarner08

auto or manual for turbo efi 5.0

My problem is im not sure which will be better for what im going to do my truck is a 1991 regular cab short bed 2wd I have a: rebuild 5.0 efi out of a 5.0 ho mustang a holset hx35 turbo its only going to see 6-8 lbs of boost t-5 or c4 i have almost everything to go either way but im not sure...
  2. dgarner08

1999 3.0 problems

HI I just bought a 1999 ranger ex cab 3.0 2wd auto. the truck was parked a year or so ago because it quit running it has ben sold twice since then but nobody bothered to fix it. the truck will not crank it will turn over but it acts like the starter is draging. it does have fire and i have put...
  3. dgarner08

twin turbo power?

I'm considering building a twin turbo 5.0 for a ranger I'm just wanting some feedback from those who know something about turbos. my questions are What horse power should i expect with twin t3/t4s on a roller 5.0 EFI rebuilt with forged pistons? whats the best options for fuel/ignition...
  4. dgarner08

2.3 gas mileage

Hi i have a 1991 2wd regular cab ranger with a 2.3 and a auto trans. The truck is all stock with around 140,000 miles. I checked my mileage the other day and was very disappointed to find that i was only getting 16mpg this seams low being that both my other rangers get 20-25mpg with a 4.0 and a...
  5. dgarner08

Axle wont stop leaking

I have a 1992 ford ranger 4x4 with a 4.0 and an automatic transmission. It has an 8.8 rear end. I have replaced the axle seals on the back right twice and its still leaking . The bering is good and the shaft doesn't have any wear on it. There is no play in the bering and the vent line for the...
  6. dgarner08

air box

Will the air box from a 1993 explorer with a 4.0 work in a 1992 ranger with the 4.0 i just need to know if they are the same because the tabs are broke off my air box on my 1992. thanks.
  7. dgarner08

three speed transmission

would a three speed manual transmission out of a 70ish truck be worth using for a 302 swap in a ranger or is it kinda a waist of time to use a three speed...thanks
  8. dgarner08

Ford 390

i know this subject has came up before(i searched) but no real answers were given. so my question is would a 390 be a good swap choice for a 2wd ranger i know they are heavy but can you make good hp and torque with it...also would a dual sump oil pan be required to make it work...and how would...
  9. dgarner08

Horsepower Torque or Traction

I have a 1985 ranger two wheel drive short bed with a 2.0. I want to put a v8 in it but i want to know what is the most important factor when it comes to moving a ranger down the track/road with a v8.... Horsepower Torque or Traction or what combination of the three:3gears...
  10. dgarner08

bronco 2 weight

what would a 1987 bronco 2 weigh. i am looking at one and the guy said he would sell it for $12.00 a hundred it has a 4 inch skyjacker lift and a 3 inch body lift the engine is good but the auto transmission is shot (only reverse works) what do u think?:icon_confused:
  11. dgarner08

351w and auto transmission

what would you guys say a running driving 351w with around 15,000 miles on it and a automatic transmission would be worth i think it would be a c6 because it is in a large van....I'm just going for a ball park figure... the guy said he wanted $600 for it but i don't really know what its worth thanks
  12. dgarner08

what's an 88 Bll worth?

hey guys i'm looking at an 1988 bronco ll xlt. it had a 2.9 but it was removed for use in another Bll. But still has everything else. the windshield is cracked the body has dents and the front fenders are bent up a little and the fiberglass in the rear hatch is cracked. but it is a 4x4 all...
  13. dgarner08

bronco 2 2wd questions

hey guys i was wondering if there were any differences between a two wheel drive b2 frame and a four wheel drive b2 frame. also would a d35 bolt into a two wheel drive b2 frame without modification? thanks
  14. dgarner08

Honda crx

this a typical "how much is it worth" question it is a 1987 Honda crx dx with 124000 miles on it. I know it has a bad head gasket and has ben sitting for the last three years. i could get it for 300. is that a decent price?
  15. dgarner08

need help finding an old thread

i need to see the pictures where a t5 world class 5 speed was converted to use a hydraulic clutch from a 280zx but i cant find that thread again any other information on the subject of converting a manual clutch to hydraulic would be helpful. thanks:icon_hornsup:
  16. dgarner08

t5 world class

will the t5 form a 1985- 1993 bolt to any 302 or did the bolt pattern change at some point ? also what should i expect to pay for a used t5 from a junk yard? thanks
  17. dgarner08

street ranger-long or short bed?

if any of you were going to put a 302 in a ranger for a DD would you want a long bed or a short bed? are there any benefit to having one as opposed to the other? let the opinions flow:icon_twisted:
  18. dgarner08

1979 Honda

I need to know any information that i can get about a 1979 Honda twin star cm185. has anyone had one? or can anyone tell me anything about them? i have one that i am thinking about fixing up just to play with. btw its a motorcycle case u did not know. Any info?
  19. dgarner08

transmission interchange?

what ford transmissions will bolt to a 302. i need a 4x4 transmission and transfecase i want to use a np 205 but i dont know what transmissions will bolt up to it and a 302. also can the bellhousing on a transmission from a 400 be changed to work on a 302. i think it is a c6 Thanks
  20. dgarner08

Scored

Well guys i finally acquired a Dana 44 out of a 85 jeep grand waggy. i got springs shocks and all the steering and sway bars. Now my problem is i cant decide what i want to do. Money IS an issue (i just bought a gsxr 600:icon_twisted:) so it wont be any time soon but what do yall think should...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad