• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Braindead

Two single DINs in double DIN slot

I have a 1995 Lincoln Mark 8 and I am trying to install a pair of single DIN units into the dashboard's double DIN slot. I have a CD receiver and a vintage equalizer/spectrum analyzer, both standard sized single DIN units but they will not fit. The hole appears to be about two or three mm too...
  2. Braindead

BASS ACKWARDS ENGINE SWAP !

i cannot find anyone who has come up with this situation; I have a bunch of Rangers, always acquiring and letting them move on later. I currently have a 98 standard cab 2wd 3.0 5 speed manual base model Ranger. It has 494,000 km (over 300,000 miles) reading on the odometer, and never having...
  3. Braindead

Stumbling 4.0

My 97 4.0 RWD 5 speed Ranger had the transmission lock up a year ago and slid to a stop almost doing a complete 180 on a freeway on ramp. The truck has close to 400,000 km on it but looks, rides, and drives like it has one tenth that much. I found a 5 speed from an '03 Ranger and installed it...
  4. Braindead

HELP ! O2 sensor problem?

My 97 4.0 2WD Ranger munched the five speed manual so I bought a five speed from a 2002 Ranger and hoping the heavier trans would last longer. Had issues getting the clutch master bled. Finally got it done with a large syringe and surgical tubing. Now the truck stumbles BAD and I cannot get past...
  5. Braindead

Delayed Ignition Statup

I have had many vehicles that have bad rattles when cold starting and I sometimes would turn the key and shut down before the engine fires. I would attempt this couple times before letting it start running. I found this to be inconsistent because sometimes it would start before I could catch it...
  6. Braindead

96 5.0 Explorer to 85 Ranger and 85 Ranger to 78 Pinto

I have a 1985 Ranger flatbed with an EFI 2.3 and five speed that I want to install the engine and all the wiring harness from a donor 1986 5.0 AWD Explorer that I purchased for the swap. I want to use all wiring harness with the OBD2 setup for several reasons including using the console and...
  7. Braindead

96 Ranger wiring issues

I recently bought a 1996 Ranger 4.0 2wd 5 speed for parts The engine, transmission, and 8.8 are going into a 1977 Pinto Cruising Wagon, and I need to know what has to go with the engine and transmission to make it work properly. I have to get rid of it immediately so I don't want to miss...
  8. Braindead

89 Ranger pedal swap

I am changing my 89 2.9 A4LD 2 wheel drive to a 5-speed manual from a 1991 Explorer 4x4, hoping that it will provide me with a bull low gear when I need it (work truck). My question is about the pedals. I just picked up a 96 4.0 5-speed 2 wheel drive Ranger to put the driveline in a Pinto. Will...
  9. Braindead

2007 Mazda b4000 V6 into ??

I am picking up a 2007 4.0 sohc Mazda B4000 engine tomorrow. This is what I am getting besides the "bent valve" hindered engine; - throttle body - coil pack - exhaust manifolds - all wiring for standard transmission What else am I going to need to put this engine into my 89 2.9 Ranger (has...
  10. Braindead

Help

I need help. I have tech questions that may or may not seem normal. I am going to list the vehicles that I have. The vehicles I have are; 89 2wd ex-cab 2.9 Ranger A4LD- WAS Daily driver/ Income source Reverse gone 200,000 KM 91 4x4 4dr Explored 4.0 A4LD Bought for the engine and rear end...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad