• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Heater Valve and Compressor Clicking Issue

Hello All, Just looking for a little diagnostic help on my Ranger 2.3 1997. Here is the issue. I have replaced the Heater Control Valve two times. It is a Murray POS plastic made in China part. Leaks right out of the metal arm. I suppose there is something wrong with the o-ring there. Another...
  2. A/C Low Side Ball-Bearing Valve Replacement

I just bought a low side valve that screws into the top of the a/c accumulator on my 1997 Ranger. Quick question: How is the frick do I get the old valve removed? I tried simply taking a pair of pliers to the base of it and turning. That didn't do a thing. I figured I'll try putting some...
  3. Rear Differential Fill Plug Location Concern

Forgive for this partial repost. I posted last week about some differential fluid change questions. I may have been too long winded. Mostly I am concerned about just one part of my larger post (Here it is, if you're interested). When I look at everyone else's 7.5 open differential, the fill...
  4. Rear 7.5, open (No L/S), Differential Fluid Change Questions

Hello everyone, My vehicle is a '97 Ranger 7.5 open First off I found this thread: http://www.therangerstation.com/tech_library/Ford-7_5-axle.shtml and This video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmqMUJb-E4M The first question from first link (the Ranger Station thread) says...
  5. Reverse Lights Only Not Working Ranger '97 Fuse Pop When Put In Reverse

Year:1997 R-1 5 speed Before I begin let me start by saying I've done some research in this website and after 4 pages I've come up empty for an answer. Research done: The rod that pushes into the reverse lights switch is still in my transmission as was the problem found in this thread I...
  6. "Manual Transmition Lubricant Does Not Normally Need Changed"-Chilton Ranger '91-'99

"Manual Transmition Lubricant Does Not Normally Need Changed"-Chilton Ranger '91-'99 Year: 1997 Engine: 2.3L manual Transmission: R-1 2wd I have read throughout this forum and many others that the transmission fluid should be changed every 60,000 miles or so. In the Chilton's however it...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad