• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. The_Epsicle

Considering selling to Carmax

The day has come sooner than I expected, it's time to sell my Ranger. I've known I've needed to do this for awhile but I've now lost overdrive and I refuse to mess with my A4LD. Thank you everyone for a good three years where you, along with my own hard work and research, changed me from a...
  2. The_Epsicle

Starter Motor Spade Connector?

You might remember I broke a stud on my starter motor (Here's the thread) and soldered it back on. That worked for about six start ups and then something pulled on that wire and snapped the stud off again. I ordered a new solenoid from RockAuto and when it came, it did not have a stud connector...
  3. The_Epsicle

Starter Motor Broken Stud

1994 Ranger, 4.0, auto tranny, auto 4x4 I don't have an actual picture of the damage but here's a stock photo. The stud I circled in red came off. It didn't break off, it just came off when I tightened the nut back on it. Can I fix this or do I need a new starter motor. Also what does the wire...
  4. The_Epsicle

Hoisting a 94 4.0 OHV

Title pretty much says it. I'm trying to remove the engine on my 94 4.0 OHV and cannot figure out where the hoist points are. I own an engine lift, balancer, and stand and I have assisted with engine rebuilds before but I've never cowboyed up to lead a removal until now and I completely...
  5. The_Epsicle

Alternator damaged during removal

I did a dumb a few months ago and I just found out about it. I'm in the beginning stages of removing the 4.0 engine on my 1994 Ranger and I had some unexpected trouble with the alternator. When I last attached the nut to hold on the power wire for the alternator (pictures below) the washer must...
  6. The_Epsicle

Nebraska Vehicle Inspection

I will be permanently moving to Nebraska from Iowa in the next year and I have found out that Nebraska requires a "safety inspection" (as their website calls it) when titling a vehicle from another jurisdiction. Iowa has no inspection, and my parents and siblings have not lived in any state that...
  7. The_Epsicle

Engine rebuild time crunch

I drive a 1994 Ford Ranger 4.0 with 220,000 miles. The engine needs a rebuild, it leaks oil from the pan and rear main seal, it's also burning oil, and has bad lifter tick. I have the money and I was going to replace the gaskets, oil pump, lifters, camshaft, piston rings, and everything to do...
  8. The_Epsicle

Overdrive(?) slipping when accelerating

I drive a 1994 4.0 Extended Cab Ranger, auto 4x4, auto tranny, Dana 35 front Ranger 8.8 rear, 3.73 gears, about 220,000 miles on the vehicle. The transmission was "professionally rebuilt" 200 miles before I bought it (there was a rebuild tag, not sure why it was rebuilt or how much of it was...
  9. The_Epsicle

Partial Brake System Failure

Hello everyone, it's good to be posting here again, though I wish it were under different circumstances. This is for my 1994 Ranger extended cab, 4.0, auto 4x4, auto tranny, dana 35 front, ranger 8.8 back with 3.73 gears, everything is stock. I recently did a total brake system overhaul on the...
  10. The_Epsicle

Cruise Control Failure

So I'm moving to college this weekend and as I'm driving my 1994 Ranger automatic 4.0 the 200 mile trip I hit a bump on the interstate while going 70mph, suddenly my cruise shuts off and does not work the rest of the trip. I had the CEL light up about 160 miles (and about two 10 minute breaks)...
  11. The_Epsicle

Strange brake findings

So I recently replaced the pads and rotors on the front of my Ranger, I decided I should replace my brake shoes as well. I figured it'd be a simple shoe replacement on the back, boy was I wrong. The passenger side wheel cylinder is shot and the passenger side emergency brake cable is broken. Oh...
  12. The_Epsicle

Auto 4x4 Hub Broken Seal

I'm in the middle of replacing the brakes on my 1994 4.0 Ranger with a Dana35 and auto 4x4. I've noticed the O-ring on the hub body is compressed and is not providing any seal, I can't find an O-ring this large at any of my local auto shops so I'm wondering one of two things. 1. Where can I buy...
  13. The_Epsicle

CEL, won't start hot, shuts off

1994 Ford Ranger 4.0 extended cab, auto 4x4, auto tranny, dana 35 front, ranger 8.8 rear, 3.73 gears, A/C. I just finished replacing my entire Power steering system, my old high pressure hose did not have a pressure sensor so my new one does not either. Recent work includes replacing rocker...
  14. The_Epsicle

Repair or Recharge? Another A/C Thread

I drive a 1994 Ford Ranger 4.0 with R-134A from the factory. The A/C hasn't worked since I bought this truck in November last year and I figure I might try to repair it myself. Some of you may remember my recent attempt to recharge the system: A/C high pressure gauge line exploded Anyway I...
  15. The_Epsicle

Power steering project

Hey guys, I got myself a new gearbox to take the slop out of my steering and a new pump to get rid of the one that failed 150 miles ago. So far I've removed the pump and disconnected the gearbox from the lower steering column and then I quit for the day. I did not buy a new reservoir so I need...
  16. The_Epsicle

Brakes grabbing after startup

I drive a 1994 4.0 Extended Cab Ranger, auto 4x4, auto tranny, Dana 35 front Ranger 8.8 rear, 3.73 gears. This is a problem I've had since I've owned the truck but it just now is starting to annoy me. Right after startup my brake pedal will travel very easily without operating the brakes at all...
  17. The_Epsicle

Tachometer sticking

I drive a 1994 Ford Ranger 4.0, I just replaced a wire from my alternator to my indicator light to fix a low charge issue. I decided to pull my gauges and dust them off and wash all the non-electrical stuff(like the clear cover), now that I have everything back together my tachometer needle is...
  18. The_Epsicle

Vent Cleaning

I've got a 1994 Ranger and the vents smell incredibly musty(not mouse in the heater core smell, but just musty), now that I know it's going to drive again I want to clean up everything very good because I very much doubt that in it's 20 years on the road it's been cleaned particularly well. I...
  19. The_Epsicle

2006 Dodge Grand Caravan, ABS and Brake light

This isn't an urgent problem since the brakes still work, but on my moms 2006 Dodge Grand Caravan 3.3 V6 with a little over 100,000 miles on it the ABS and Brake light have come on solid, we've recently replaced the camshaft position sensor(a couple thousand miles ago) and the water pump, the...
  20. The_Epsicle

Charging system problems

Charging system problems (RESOLVED!) I drive a 1994 Ford Ranger 4.0, auto 4x4, auto tranny. I was recently doing some A/C work that failed catastrophically and now my battery light is on, I had to engage the clutch for the A/C with a jumper wire and I ended up having a high pressure line...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad