• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Fog light wiring how much power can they take?

I've got a 97 Ford Ranger XLT I'm wanting to put a set of lights on it but would love to use the existing wiring for the fog lights. What's the max wattage the wiring can take safely? I obviously don't want any electrical fires! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. Is my transmission cursed?!

Here's the problem I'm having I have a 1997 Ford Ranger XLT 4.0l automatic. The transmission went out and I had it rebuilt by my local AAMCO. That's where the problems start I have now had to take it back 4! Times for different issues. Instead of having to keep dealing with them I would like...
  3. Overhead console I've never seen before?!

I was at my local pull a part and came across a 96 ranger with a overhead console that appeared to be made for the truck. I was wondering if anyone knows someone I could send it to so could have refinished and back to working condition. . Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. All new cooling system but still overheats

I have 1997 Ford Ranger 4.0l 4x4 I have replaced the following 202,000 miles -Water pump -water pump pulley -Radiator -Thermostat -Radiator cap -Radiator and cooling hoses All winter long my truck has done fine first real hot day my A/C quits on me and going down the Freeway at 80mph my...
  5. Am I crazy? Or is there something wrong with my steering?

I have a 97 Ranger 4.0l OHV it has skyjacker front springs on it I am assuming it is lifted but there is still a lot of slant to the truck. My steering however is all over the place I have had it aligned and all checked out good. When I am driving however I am constantly having to make small...
  6. Alternator? Solenoid? Sensor? TRuck will not start

I have a 1997 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 with the 4.0l OHV Here is the issue I am having.......... The truck will not start unless I jump the starter solenoid on the fender to make it turn the starter. My battery gauge in the truck says its too low when I check the batter however is 12.4 volts. My...
  7. How do I find the right engine wiring harness?

I have 1997 Ford Ranger XLT 4.0l 4x4 The previous owner messed up part of the engine wiring harness. I have been trying to find the harness I can use to replace all the messed up connectors but I cannot seem to find the exact one that matches my truck. Surely Ford didn't use a different harness...
  8. 1997 Ford Ranger with LOTS of electrical issues! PLEASE HELP!

I bought my truck about a year ago and I have been trying to sort out electrical gremlins ever since. The truck had been wrecked so I have airbag codes but the guy who owned it cut the wiring harness in several places on the passenger side. He also cut the harness behind the radio. I replaced...
  9. fuel injector wiring harness

I have ran into a problem that the previous owner of my truck failed to mention. He torched some wires on the harness section that goes to the fuel inectors o2 sensor and possibly the tranny. I got a harness from the junk yard for my truck off a 97 Ranger 4.0l the only difference between it and...
  10. Transmission Gone CrAzY?!

I recently had a new transmission put in my truck but the O/D OFF light still flashes. I have taken it back NUMEROUS times to have it checked because that usually means its over heated but everything checks out and reads fine. The one thing that changed after the first one blowing up was some...
  11. Dash removal?steering column

I have a 1997 Ford Ranger 4.0 Automatic 4x4. The dash in the truck is destroyed by the previous owner. I removed a dash from a 1996 Ford Ranger 5 speed. My questions are- Will the wiring harnesses match up? Especially with the current steering column. You also have I think what is called the...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad