• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. How much should I charge for a resto?

I'm in California. What is this mysterious rust you speak of?
  2. 1986 ford ranger 2.9 won’t rev past 3k

Cracked heads are a common problem on 2.9's.
  3. How much should I charge for a resto?

Yes, and that would be a completely separate charge. I was thinking more like $1000 to R&R the motor/trans, reseal the engine and clean up the engine bay. That would also include replacing wear items such as timing chain/gears, oil pump (while I'm in there), valve job (unless heads are...
  4. How much should I charge for a resto?

OK, maybe 'resto' wasn't the right word. I plan to pull the drivetrain, do a seal-n-shine, address any issues found and put it all back together cleaning and organizing as I go, just like I've done to half a dozen other projects. If I can pull $1500-$2000 to add to the bankroll for my next...
  5. How much should I charge for a resto?

I posted this on another forum and got some good feedback. Figured I'd post it here where all the Ranger people are and see what ya'll have to say. A friend wants me to restore a Ford truck for him. Problem is, I'm not sure what to charge him. I'm retired and I've got the time. This ain't...
  6. Looking to buy my first ranger.

As stated above. I figure this is the place to ask! Looking for a good work truck (not to beat on!). Hauling will be limited to light loads. What generally goes wrong with these trucks? I know the older 2.3's are bulletproof on the bottom end however, I'll probably go with a early to mid...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad