• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Lost a wheel/Hub. Where to go from here?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Well, I WAS having brake issues....Took the truck down to a local shop and had them take care of the rear brakes and pressure bleed the system. Still no parking brakes but at least I can stop....well could...
  2. Help...I only have 3 wheel drive!!!

Well, I WAS having brake issues....Took the truck down to a local shop and had them take care of the rear brakes and pressure bleed the system. Still no parking brakes but at least I can stop....well could. Yesterday, picked up the truck from the shop. It was snowing, the roads were horrible...
  3. Issues, Issues, Everywhere there are Issues!...

Hey y'all, Its me again. Over the weekend, I replaced the rear brakes (9") on the truck. Initially, I was trying to figure out why my parking brake doesn't work and found that whoever changed brakes last, just didn't bother to hook it up on the pass. side. Further more, the didn't re-install...
  4. No crank/start condition

Alright fellas, Im rusty on old school electronics so I could use a hand here.... I had an issue a few days ago...driving along in second gear (Standard shift) and she cuts off on me. Pulled to the side of the road and found a body ground broke. Fixed that, no issues for a couple of days. This...
  5. Ignition issue

Alright fellas, Im rusty on old school electronics so I could use a hand here.... I had an issue a few days ago...driving along in second gear (Standard shift) and she cuts off on me. Pulled to the side of the road and found a body ground broke. Fixed that, no issues for a couple of days. This...
  6. WHAT DID THEY DO?! And what do I need to?

Just bought this 88 over the weekend. Have learned a lot about it over the last few days, mainly thanks to all the Awesome guys and information here!! Heres what I have... 88, 2.9L MPFI, FM146, 7.5LS-3.73, 4-6" lift (?), 33/12.50/15. This ole girl will be needing a LOT of work. First and...
  7. Do these tires make my transmission look small?

Hey guys, Wondering if these tires are too big for my 2.9L and manual trans (No idea what trans it has.)....She seems to do ok...as long as we are going downhill. Uphill is pretty slow going at road speeds unless I downshift....Just seems that the tires are too big or the drivetrain is...
  8. Sheel studs??

Well, that was supposed to say..."WHEEL" studs. uh, my keyboard bit me... Hey y'all, -How difficult is it to replace the wheel studs on the back end of an 88' 4x4? Ive got 2 that are broken, one on each side. If I have to remove the axle shaft....Guess Ill replace the bearings and seals while...
  9. Hey Y'all

Whats goin on everyone? Just bought a new to me Ranger. 1988, single cab, 4x4, 2.9L, standard trans. Lifted and sitting on 35s. Not new to Fords but could always use some knowledge and ideas. Ive also got a 98 Sable with the 3.0 DOHC, a 04 F250 with the 6.0 diesel, and an 87 Bronco with the 5.0...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad