• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Inconsistent Coolant Temperature

Not sure if the old signature I made a couple years ago will show, so I'll start with the specs. 2000 Ranger 2.5L I4 Lima Engine I replaced the thermostat and thermostat housing (that includes temp sensors) about a year ago with OEM Motorcraft parts. I noticed the winter after that, that the...
  2. Odd manual transmission problem

I've just experienced something new to me, and I'm hoping for some insight from some more experienced mechanics. Brief backstory -- I replaced my clutch, pressure plate, pilot bearing, flywheel, slave cylinder and throwout bearing (and rear main seal and most of the seals in the tranny since I...
  3. Rebuilding Differential -- Grease any Bearings?

I've tackled quite a few projects and I'm generally pretty mechanically inclined, but never fully rebuilt a differential. I've pulled spider gears and replaced entire rear ends so I'm not a *complete* noob. I bought everything I need to rebuild my rear differential. New pinion and ring gear...
  4. Programmer/Tuner for 2.5L

Hope you're having a good day! I appreciate any help that anybody might be able to offer. I'm having a *hell* of a time finding a tuner or programmer for a 2000 Ranger with a 2.5L engine. This really all started when I gave her a 4" lift (4" spindles in front, 2" shackles and 2" blocks in rear)...
  5. Tuner/Programmer for 2.5L Ranger

Hope you're having a good day! I appreciate any help that anybody might be able to offer. I'm having a *hell* of a time finding a tuner or programmer for a 2000 Ranger with a 2.5L engine. This really all started when I gave her a 4" lift (4" spindles in front, 2" shackles and 2" blocks in...
  6. Lift Spindle Questions

Greetings! I have a couple general questions regarding lift spindles. I've already decided to go 4" in the back using hangers and blocks. I also bought 4x4 rear shocks because I've read that anything over 3" usually over-extends the 4x2 shocks. The consensus seems to be that getting 3-4"...
  7. 2" rear lift block question

2000 Ford Ranger 2WD, front coil springs, 2.5L I4. Original question was if the stock U bolts would work on 2" lift blocks, since I couldn't seem to find any lift blocks less than 3"+ that included new U bolts. I've since found some, so I guess the answer is no. It just seems odd that so many...
  8. New Member (and brake fluid leak fix!)

Hi! New member here, and probably in the same category as the majority. I'm not a mechanic, but I do nearly all of my own work. Anything less than rebuilding an engine and I'll take it on, after doing the appropriate research. Anyway, I just figured out a slow brake fluid leak that has been...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad