• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. WarHawk-AVG

2.5L ('98-'01) 2.5L block casting number location

Sons 98 Ford Ranger Splash (he got for $800) [body, interior in impeccable shape!!!!] It ran (barely) got it home(I think they had that block sealant garbage in it)...and no runny no more, need a new head, o'rilleys offers two variants: Part #: 2FM1 Line: PTQ /Part #: 2FW3 Line: PTQ I need to...
  2. WarHawk-AVG

3.0L lifter intake orientation

Ok, had bad lifter tick (loud when cold but goes away when warm) Pulled intake plenum and replacing the lifters and pushrods...when pulling the old lifters some had the oil port pointing outwards (towards exhaust) and some inwards (towards camshaft)...no rhyme or reason to why they were put in...
  3. WarHawk-AVG

Torque app

Ever have a stupid check engine light come on and then have some yutz at the auto parts store go into a long schpeel on what the code is and what you can "BUY" to fix it? How would you like to have MORE diagnostic tools in your hand than any of those dinglewaffles could even fathom? How about...
  4. WarHawk-AVG

Gotta have a cracked head

My 1997 Ranger 2.3L been noticing during very cold weather (here in Houston 40~ weather is considered COLD, heck anything below 60 is considered cold!) well a while back I would start my truck and it smoked like a busted stove for about 5 minutes then clear up...today got the kid out and we did...
  5. WarHawk-AVG

1997 23.L XL tire size recommendations

1997 2.3L XL tire size recommendations Used to have a 1992 Mazda B2300 w/ 5 speed standard, had P195/65 R14's on it, looked like donuts, upgraded to 215's and it looked better but fuel mileage went down and it struggled..but what small 4 banger doesn't I now have a 1997 Ford Ranger 2.3L XL...
  6. WarHawk-AVG

97 2.3L Automatic...I screwed up

97 2.3L Automatic...wrong trans fluid? I screwed the pooch today...changed the transmission fluid...used the wrong fluid, I put in Max Life Mercon LV..DOH! After futher investigating and from this link http://www.therangerstation.com/tech_library/TransmissionFluid.shtml found I needed the...
  7. WarHawk-AVG

Got me a new (to me) Ranger

Back in the Marines I had a 1994 Mazda B2300 (aka my Ford Ranger in disguise) It was the first truck I ever bought and paid for with my own money. Well...long story short...he is gone The other day I traded my '07 VStar 650 motorcycle for a 1996 Ford Ranger w/ the 2.3L...not in the best of...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad