• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 06 3.0L Rough Idle

Hey everyone, making a post for my dad's 06 3.0L Ranger. It is having an issue where it idles rough and hesitates when given any throttle. Will run smooth after hesitation. Codes stored are P0300 and P0316. Fuel trim on Bank 2 long term is staying around -7.0%. We have sprayed all over the...
  2. Exhaust

So I have a custom exhaust on my truck with 2.25" pipe from the manifold back. Rather than the exhaust shop putting in some kind of taper pipe, they simply put a 2" pipe with a 2.25" pipe and welded up the gap right before the flange. Would it benefit me at all to have that tapered instead? I...
  3. Towing A Ranger With A Ranger

So my friend has a '95 Ranger 4.0L 4wd with a shot rear axle. He has it parked at his college, and changing a rear axle in a parking lot would probably not be the best idea. I wanted to see if my '97 Ranger 2.3 could pull it? I'm a bit nervous about doing it since it would require pulling it...
  4. WOT Relay Issue

So I'm not exactly sure if my issue is the WOT relay or TPS because I don't really know how the WOT relay is supposed to work... Anyways, I have a 97 ford ranger 2.3. With the AC on, it is to my knowledge that the WOT relay will open when you give the truck a certain amount of throttle for...
  5. 2.3 Stalling Idle

I have a 97 Ford Ranger with the 2.3 and manual trans. Whenever I go to stop at any time the motor starts to stall and tries to idle at around 400 to 500 rpm's then jumps back up. It also has trouble shifting back into gear if I pull it out of gear at a dead stop, with the clutch still pressed...
  6. Ford Ranger FX4 Axle

So my current 8.8 axle is having symptoms of differential bearings going bad. It makes a bunch of noise and I have to give my truck more gas to keep it moving... Anyways, I am going to swap in another axle because rebuilding the current differential is extremely expensive. I have looked into...
  7. chevy leaf swap bushings?

Do the chevy 64 inch leaf springs use the stock ranger leaf spring bushings? I just purchased a set of polyurethane bushings for my stock springs, but then I learned about this swap and want to do it, but don't want to get rid of my new bushings
  8. Heat constantly blows out floor vents

Hey guys, so I have been having issues with my HVAC. woohoo.... anyways I know the problem must be vacuum related but I can't seem to figure out what is actually wrong. I would assume that the vacuum reservoir under the hood is fine because i do get vacuum into the firewall. From there it goes...
  9. Water Leak On Headliner

Hey guys, so I have a water leak on my headliner in the back over the rear window. I know its common for the third brake light to leak so i put some silicone on it but I'm still having the leak just as bad. Any suggestions?
  10. Heater Is Not Working Properly

Hey, so I have a 1997 xlt with the 2.3l. I keep having troubles with the heater in it. Last winter it was working like a champ, but now it doesn't seem to want to work right. I have fixed the blend door, backflushed my heater core, checked the vacuum hoses, and replaced the heater control valve...
  11. Heater Control Valve Vacuum Leak

Hey guys, I have a 1997 ranger xlt with the 2.3. I found out today that I have a vacuum leak that is keeping my heater control valve from opening up, so no coolant gets to the heater core. I can't seem to find the right vacuum diagram to figure out where the vacuum hoses go either. I believe it...
  12. 33x10.5x15 with the 2.3

How would 33x10.5x15 tires do with the 4 banger? I have regeared up to 4.10 and I've got a body lift im gonna install to fit 33's, i just wasn't sure if the engine will turn 33's well with 4.10 gears or not. Also, any pics of a ranger with 33x10.5x15 would be appreciated too
  13. Transmission Noise

I have a 97 ranger 2.3 with the M5OD-R1 manual tranny. It whines like crazy and its pretty loud. I have a feeling it could be a bearing since the truck has around 294,000 on it. Anybody know how I can diagnose the issue? I can only hear it while I'm going down the street in gear. It never really...
  14. Ford 7.5" to 8.8" swap

Hey, so I think I know my answer to this, but I got a Ford 8.8" axle out of a 01 ranger 4x4. I wanted to swap it into a 1997 ford ranger 2wd. Is there any kind of modifications I need to do to the 8.8 or should it just bolt straight in? I'm pretty sure it should bolt in but I understand the 4x4...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad