• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. rathr-b-cruisin

hard to say goodbye...again

I had to say goodbye to my 93 ranger, with knee pain it was hard to shift. so i sold it to one of my son's friends last year. this winter he rolled it. He hit some black ice and spun around, flipped it into a ditch and hit a tree. He came away with a few scrapes and bruises. the truck did not...
  2. rathr-b-cruisin

vapor canister repair?

I think i found the cause of my p0455 code. the vapor canister solenoid had a huge gash in the plastic so i bought a new one. when i took the vapor canister out to replace it today there is also a chunk out of the corner of the canister right under the solenoid. Can this be filled with some type...
  3. rathr-b-cruisin

miss this forum's support!

Deleted Deleted.
  4. rathr-b-cruisin

picked this up

After a short time of looking and seeing what is out there i pretty much knew what i wanted. I tell you, there is a lot of junk for sale out there and they want a lot of money for it! I found this and while its not perfect, its pretty good. 98 5.0 AWD Eddie Bauer. From the original owner! this...
  5. rathr-b-cruisin

suction line condensing all the way to the compressor

I converted to 134a and it feels pretty cold. 45 out of the vents. I have had the compressor cycling off in the morning, but while driving later it seemed to stay on all of the time but i did notice that the suction line has condensation on it all the way to the compressor which worries me...
  6. rathr-b-cruisin

converting from r12 to 134a

I've had this truck for a year now and with all the bugs and crap fixed its running pretty good. unfortunately, the AC does not work. I got by this summer by driving my motorcycle and my son's focus while he's at boot camp. Finally, enough is enough. I took it to the shop and for 410 bucks they...
  7. rathr-b-cruisin

fuel injector question

i had some bad injectors, so i thought, last summer. so i changed all 6 because you have to take the intake off in order to change the injector. the old injectors had like a little rubber "skirt"? around the bottom. the new injectors did not. so i thought i'd put the old skirts on the new...
  8. rathr-b-cruisin

this bronco looks awesome

http://fortwayne.craigslist.org/ctd/5113228886.html
  9. rathr-b-cruisin

Red Tek R12 recharge kit

Anyone use the RED TEK R12a Refrigerant Recharge Kithttp://www.amazon.com/RED-TEK-R12a-Refrigerant-Recharge/dp/B00DJDYORU I have a '93 that i may try this on. i figure it's now working now and i'm not gonna spend a lot of money to get this working. so if this works, great, if not, well it didnt...
  10. rathr-b-cruisin

step bar fitment

would step bars from a 2000 ranger fit on a 1993? found a set on craigslist for 25 bucks, but need to be sanded and painted. i figured if they fit i'd take the wire wheel to them, and then spray them with bedliner.
  11. rathr-b-cruisin

correct driveshaft phasing

OK, can anyone draw me, or take a picture of how the 2 piece driveshaft phasing should be? I replaced my carrier (center) bearing on my 93 4x4 ranger today. did i mark them? no, should i have? yes. ok, i lined up the yokes on the front shaft to match took it for a spin and it has vibrations. i...
  12. rathr-b-cruisin

truck with ranger edge bed rails on

washed the truck today and thought it looked pretty good for an old truck.
  13. rathr-b-cruisin

everything was going great until...

I was putting on new shocks today. I've been spraying the nuts for almost a week with PB blaster so i was hoping for the best. I started on the left rear and that came off pretty easy. then went to the right rear, not much problem there either. went around to the right front and that came off...
  14. rathr-b-cruisin

ranger edged bed rails

ranger edge bed rails A friend at work gave me his bed rails off of his ranger edge. he has a tonno cover on and was not going to use them. I'm spraying them with black bed coating because they are gray. the downside is i have to remove my diamond plate bed rails i made haha.
  15. rathr-b-cruisin

spindle bearings

I'm starting to get my parts list together for doing my spindle bearings this spring. I have found a lot of good info between this site and you-tube on how to do this. I know which bearing kit is needed, but i was thinking, while i'm in there why not do the front u-joints and replace the output...
  16. rathr-b-cruisin

I wish I had this truck back!

I was going through some old pix and found this picture of an old truck I had. I remember it being an 85, but I know it had the 2.9 and the automatic shift 4x4 so maybe it was an 86. either way it was a fun truck.
  17. rathr-b-cruisin

wheel bearings

I started getting a sound when turning. a whump whump whump sound. so i'm thinking wheel bearings. I have not done a 4x4 wheel bearing before, i've done lots of 4x2 though. they look similar and easy, but i do have a few questions. this is on a 94 4x4 with manual hubs. so i know i need a tool to...
  18. rathr-b-cruisin

transfer case oil seal

OK, so i'm replacing my speedo drive gear on a 93 ranger, pretty easy to do. now that i'm putting it back together there is a small rubber washer that was on the spline shaft when i removed the yoke. does this just sit inside the hole of the yoke behind the steel washer? so you put the yoke on...
  19. rathr-b-cruisin

speedometer bounce still

so i changed the speedo cable and speed sensor in my 93 ranger, but still getting the speedometer bounce. what could be next? the speedo housing in the cluster? lubed the inner cable, made sure nothing is kinked or sharp bends. Put in a new vehicle speed sensor while i was at it just bcuz...
  20. rathr-b-cruisin

93 intake torque pattern?

I pulled the intake off and i am replacing the injectors. I got them out last night and cleaned the old gasket off. I'm not so sure the gasket wasnt leaking. i should be getting the injectors today, advance auto had a 15% off of online orders for bwd injectors. The only thing now is i cant find...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad