• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Sunk

Computer question

What are the magic digits I need to match to replace my computer? Mine reads; EEC-V ML2-712 8J04 MLC0 F87F - 12A650 - CAA G 68MT712A29 - AB 53362-167...
  2. Sunk

'89 Hawk GT

I figured I should start a build thread on here since I plan to actually make some changes to this thing after 3 1/2 years. I'll start with some history first though. I picked it up in Seatlle in July of '08 with 8,300 miles on it, bone stock. It was my main mode of transportation for the...
  3. Sunk

2.5 intermittent miss at idle

I picked up a 2wd '99 Ranger/2.5/s spd a couple days ago. When I got it, it would stumble when the RPMs dropped to idle, and sometimes stall. I found out the bulb for the CEL was burned out, so I fixed it and pulled the codes. It had codes for Misfire on #1 and #2, and excessive EGR flow. I was...
  4. Sunk

Lift from 63s?

I'm running SOA in the rear of my Explorer, and I'm content with the height, but I'd like more flex, mainly droop. Is anybody running 63s on the rear of their Explorer, and if so how much lift (if any) was gained? I'm only asking because of the location of the front mounts on the frame. Moving...
  5. Sunk

My 91 Explorer build......finally.

Well I had an '88 Ranger with a D35 and 8.8 with 4.56s and Lock-Rights, but after blowing up 2 motors, 4 starters, a clutch, and a lot of drivelines, I wanted a clean start. Last month I stripped the truck of the good parts and watched the rest drive off on the back of a flatbed. On Sunday I...
  6. Sunk

What do you guys think?

I found this "Sploder today and went and looked at it.. http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/cto/1063770540.html It looks really solid, the interior is just about spotless. Looks pretty good mechanically too, except there is/was some fluid on the tranny around the seam between the main case and...
  7. Sunk

Anybody go to Denny's?

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/02/03/dennys.grand.slam/index.html?iref=mpstoryview I went with a friend, the lines weren't too bad. A 30 or so minute wait was worth it for free food.
  8. Sunk

Best birsthday cake ever..

So yesterday (my birthday) I was just sitting around getting pretty bored... I started texting this girl to see if I could go over to her house, and less than 5 minutes later she walks in the door with this.... I guess she spent like a 1/2 hour looking for Ford trucks.... The blue one with...
  9. Sunk

Dead gearbox?

Is it possible to kill a steering box? I haven't had power steering for over a year now. Last October I swapped in a new motor and the fitting on the pump were different on the new one, so I couldn't use the pump that came on it. So I usd the old pump which I let drain on the floor. I hooked...
  10. Sunk

Ranger or Explorer?

Ok here is my predicament. The engine in my Ranger is dead more or less, so I was looking for another 2.9. I got curious and ended up finding a running driving 91 or 92 Explorer with a new clutch and new front brakes with 112K that I could pick up for $8-900. It has a slightly messed up bumper...
  11. Sunk

Perkins I found

So in the process of searching for another 2.9 to sacrifice to the hungry jaws of my truck I found this- http://seattle.craigslist.org/kit/pts/912583756.html I looked and really couldn't find much on it. Apparently a few have been fit in old Land Rovers and maybe Dodge D50s and were more...
  12. Sunk

WA road trip

I took a 4 day trip through Eastern WA last weekend and saw some pretty cool sights, so I thought I'd share a few Alta Lake near Pateros Wheat fields near Ephrata Dry Falls Another shot of the falls- see the guys fishing? I saw this and had to take a picture, lol View from the Gorge...
  13. Sunk

C-clip eliminator FAIL.

Well this weekend I found out I should have used a stiffer spring for my C-clip eliminator. The inner shaft popped out and jammed, causing the outer shaft to bust out the cap holding the spring in.... off to the right side of the picture. I also learned just how flexy my truck is:woot: A...
  14. Sunk

Burning oil

Can overfilling the engine damage the rings? I was an idiot and overfilled it and ran a few miles before I bothered to actually check it. A few days after I drained and re-filled it it starting idling really rough and now it creates quite a nice blue cloud as it runs. Smoke comes out of the...
  15. Sunk

Bike stuck in gear

I know enough about autos and things mechanical, but not motorcycles so much. I have one and got it when it wasn't running, and fixed it up. But it's been 2 months, and the 450 isn't doing it so much for me anymore. Plus I'm 6'4" so I get a little cramped on longer rides. I saw a 85 Honda...
  16. Sunk

Teeth

Has anybody seen this movie or know where to get it? The interweb and TV tell me it's out, but the movie stores say otherwise... It's so good (ha) it went straight to video. You can but it online, but that's about it. I've been trying to track it down for a few days, since it looks funny as hell.
  17. Sunk

Lock-Right shear pins

Does anybody know where if at all I can buy just the shear pins and springs for a lockright? I just got my D35 back and I went to put it together, and realized I can't find them. :annoyed:
  18. Sunk

No rear lights

I had a tail light out and I replaced that, and now I have no lights in the rear. No running lights, brake lights, turn signals, emergency flashers or reverse lights. All the lights on the front end work, but nothing out back. The fuses all look good, the flashers I replaced a few months ago as...
  19. Sunk

Broke the end off the hydraulic line

Upon re-assembling everything after fixing my clutch, I discovered that when I pulled the hydraulic line off the slave, the end broke off and is stuck in the slave. I know I can get another line, but I'm curious if there is a way I can remove the piece stuck in the slave. Looking through the...
  20. Sunk

No power at fuel pump

A few days ago my truck started 'bucking' as if I was repeatedly stomping on the gas. It did it fairly intermittently, and not so much at higher RPMs. I read on here that it could have been the driveline binding so I was planning on checking that, but before I could, it died and now won't...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad