• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. dana 28 spindles

You are correct and it does work
  2. dana 28 spindles

Thanks for the advice all. I'm going to do just that with the center punch as it's worked when I was racing cars a couple times. Thanks again all of ya.
  3. dana 28 spindles

How much wear is acceptable on Dana 28 spindles where the bearing collars index on spindle? I was taught that if you can catch a finger nail on them then they need replacement. Thoughts? Thank you Ken
  4. Wanted Need D28 spindles

Got an 87 Bll D28 610298-3 front axle that needs spindles I'm in NV now The Dana # is 40404
  5. For Sale Misc parts for sale

Do you still have the D28 stuff I need spindles if they're good
  6. 87 Bll heater fan switch issues

I have medium and high
  7. 87 Bll heater fan switch issues

I looked at it and seemed ok. No corrosion.
  8. 87 Bll heater fan switch issues

My 87 Bll has a heater fan issue. It was only running with two speeds rather than four. One day coming home the fan quit all together. I was able to get it running again by switching the heat/vent switch back and forth a couple times. I reasoned that the switch was going bad so I replaced it...
  9. problem with temp gauge/fuel gauge

Help please. I've got a 94 4.0 in an 87 Bronco ll The temp gauge runs between the n&o which I think is a little high. I've tried a new temp sender Motorcraft both for the 87 and 94 and no changes. The new Motorcraft thermostat is operating because when I start it in the am it warms up till it...
  10. temp gauge wonky

My temp gauge isn't reading accurate. It's an 87 Bronco ll with a 94 Explorer 4.0 I've replaced the single wire sender with a new 87 sender and it reads at the top part of gauge at "N" but with a infrared meter it's at 195 at the thermo housing. With that known I'm not to worried but would like...
  11. no codes from ecm

Why would I not be getting any codes from my ecm? When I hook my analog meter to the connectors it makes the needle sweep but doesn't give any pulses. It's a transplanted 4.0 into a 87 Bronco ll. The motor runs with no issues but it has a slight miss that I'd like to get out of it. The emissions...
  12. new problem

I'm at a loss again. Here's what I'm dealing with. 93 4.0 in a 87 Bronco ll. Vehicle sat for a couple years before I got it. Today was on my way down to DMV for title change stopped for some fuel ran in to pay went to start it up and it just spun over. Pushed it out of the way to the curb and...
  13. 4.0 swap issues

I have an issue with not being able to pull codes from my computer. The swap is a 93 Explorer 4.0 into an 87 Bronco ll. It runs but having a few issues when I try to start warm. I've changed alot of stuff and tried alot of different ideas and all here have been great wealth of knowledge and...
  14. 4.0 swap issues

This swap started awhile ago 3 yrs in fact then the guy lost interest and I picked it up in March. It's an 87 Bronco ll with a 93 or 94 4.0 from an Explorer. I have the truck running now but it's not quite where I would like it to be. I have 3 issues that I need help sorting out. 1) no codes...
  15. dead ecm?

I was cleaning up my wiring soldering all the connections after getting it to run from my 4.0 swap Had the motor running not good but ran and tried to pull the codes NOTHING from the test port Tried a snap on dia tool and the analog voltmeter and no codes Just shows 14.7 volts I didn't short any...
  16. did I kill my pcm

I was tidying up my connections on my 4.0 swap project and now the motor won't run off of idle. The battery was connected at the time and I didn't short any wires. The fuses all test good but I'm not able to get any codes from the computer either with a snap on diag tool or the analog voltmeter...
  17. 4.0 swap dash idiot lights issue

Hey guys I'm doing a 4.0 swap into a 87 Bronco ll At the wiring part now and would like to know if there's a way to make the dash warning lites work prior to running the rig What I'm asking is there a way to either provide power to a wire or ground a wire and look at dash to see what idiot lite...
  18. Bad coil?

93 explorer 4.0 in an 87 bronco ll Have 12v to coil on red/grn have 12v on other 3 leads with test lite hooked to positive grd No spark at plugs or out of coil Tells me it's a bad coil What do the rest of you think Thanks in advance for your input. Really would like to get this this out of my shop
  19. no fuel past fuel pressure regulator

Hey guys I'm working on my 87 bronco ll with swapped out 93 explorer 4.0 It won't start so gotta have air got it spark got it fuel DONT got it I've got fuel to the regulator but not in the rail Common sense tells me it the regulator What ya all think?
  20. doing 4.0 swap electrical problems need advice

Hey I've got an 87 Bronco ll with a 93 Explorer 4.0 that someone started a swap and ran into some electrical issues. The previous owner installed the motor and harness and then had a small fire which melted a few of the wires.I"ve gotten it to turn over with the key and all my lights work but it...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad