• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

Decided to upgrade my Pioneer Avic D3 in my Ford ranger to something slightly newer...lol. Pioneer DMH 1500 NEX. It's the same one in the Solara and I'm going to put another one in my STi. I primarily only use the Spotify or Pandora app. And apparently from what I've gathered the newer Pioneer...
  2. Help with AC: Not turning on...

I have a 2001 Ranger XLT 2.3L auto. About 2-3 weeks ago my wife drove my truck and said that there was just hot air blowing out. I confirmed this when I drove. Turn to max ac and it's just the ambient air or as hot as it is outside. Back in 2013, I replaced the AC compressor because it was...
  3. can you get any more accessories on a truck?

Na I just bought it because it looked cool to me, reminds me of that 70's mustang look where mullets ruled the streets. I happened to catch it on Amazon when it was on sale for about $40 or something around then. If I paid the $120 they are now probably not. It is only plastic, thin at that...
  4. Thermostat dropping temp randomly?

Ok so I decided to take the ranger up to my parents house in PA... about 4 hours from me. It's quite hilly/inclines throughout the trip and of course the truck sometimes just struggles to get up some of the hills unless it's floored almost. I start writing things down on my phone every time...
  5. Thermostat dropping temp randomly?

I ordered a new sending unit. That should get here in a few days but I don't think that's the problem. I say that because the temp gauge goes up on the cluster. From what I have researched if it was bad it would fluctuate a lot of the times. Where this actually goes up as the temp goes up or...
  6. Thermostat dropping temp randomly?

In the time I've owned the truck, about 6+ years now I never once noticed this. I will note I haven't had the ultra gauge up until about a year or two but never noticed this temp drop like this. I want to say this is in fact new behavior. I drove to work today. No problems with temp going...
  7. Thermostat dropping temp randomly?

Have a bit of a weird issue/quirk going on... I have an ultra gauge in the truck so I can monitor various things via the OBDii port. Engine temp is one of them. Since I have a 2001 2.3L autoit has a cylinder head temperature sensor rather than an engine coolant temp sensor. Temp will read...
  8. Ranger Bed Bolts? Anyone know specifics?

While I am doing other stuff I am going to replace the bed bolts and clips. Found them online. Problem is they don't specify length. I have the following part numbers/links. Note that I want to stick with OEM, I do not want Dorman or any other kit out there. I am OK with paying $100 for...
  9. 2003 2.3L getting too hot??

Truck has about 182k miles on it. I picked it up back in 2011 at 109k. Did the heater control valve when I first got the truck because that was leaking. I did the degaus bottle last year because the original had hair line fractures on the top. Both oem motorcraft. I did the water pump...
  10. 2003 2.3L getting too hot??

Awesome! Thank you for the burping process.. I know 100% I never did that. Simply filled the system up an drove. Came back after it was cool and checked the topped off again. I did a pressure test today from the advance auto kit to rent and it lasted long eough before popping off that I and...
  11. 2003 2.3L getting too hot??

Older thread but wanted to ask some questions. I keep getting a mist action of coolant coming out of my degas bottle from the rad cap.... I have replaced the cap many times via an OEM motorcraft one but eventually they all slightly mist out. I replaced the thermostat with an OEM motorcraft...
  12. Okay, so what the hell is an (intake manifold runner control?)

I know this an old thread but I am looking for some guidance. Curious how did you break the actuator? The arm or the electronic plug on it..? etc? OP: Did the new IMRC valve work? I just replaced my worn out intake manifold on my 2001 2.3L because the runner control flaps were making a...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad