• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 1988 Mitsubishi FM146 sychro rings

I posted this in the transmission forum but have received no replies so I'm trying here as well. I need 1st & 2nd sychro rings for a 1988 Ranger, 4wd, Mitsubishi FM146 tranny; they look identical. I ordered p/n E5TZ-7107-C from eBay but they are 1/3 too large. The orignal rings will almost...
  2. 1988 Mitsubishi FM146 sychro rings

I need 1st & 2nd sychro rings for a 1988 Ranger, 4wd, Mitsubishi FM146 tranny; they look identical. I ordered p/n E5TZ-7107-C from eBay but they are 1/3 too large. The orignal rings will almost fit through the ones that came. Can anyone give the correct p/n and/or a source? I got the...
  3. What's the transfer case hole pattern for '98 and later? 126" w/b 4x4.

I want to put a one-piece drive shaft in my '88 4x4, mt, super cab, 125" w/b. It looks like a shaft from a '98 and up will work, the length is right, I have a 8.8 diff with LARGE (4.25" diameter) pattern so, good. But I've searched for days and can't find any specs on the front yoke. My...
  4. 1210 driveshaft to 1310 yoke... possible?

My worst wrecking yard experience ever: I found a yard that had a '98 driveshaft that looked good. They had a "chat" so I asked if it was 62-1/4", large rear yoke, small front yoke. After 5 minutes he replied he had it. I Googled the place and it was 1-1/2 hour drive, one way, so I called and...
  5. 1210 driveshaft to 1310 yoke... possible?

It's only bolted to the bottom of the frame rail but it's a righteously strong piece, more than seems necessary for just the carrier. I could probably flip it & it might fit. I've located a '98 driveshaft for $79. The only measurement I gave was 62-1/4" face to face & he said that's it. BTW...
  6. 1210 driveshaft to 1310 yoke... possible?

It's destructive because the cross member the carrier is on is in the path of a one piece shaft. I'd probably slice out a section of it and leave the ends as they're very solidly riveted. So much so that it looks like it may be a structural piece.
  7. 1210 driveshaft to 1310 yoke... possible?

The same orientation to what? The entire rear shaft has been removed & separated so any original orientation is lost. Nothing is keyed.
  8. 1210 driveshaft to 1310 yoke... possible?

Ok, I measured the truck. Couldn't convince my wife to crawl under and hold the tape end to the diff flange face so used a tiny C-clamp. (Missing yoke is 1.625" face to cap center. Had to correct for that) Single piece axle: 62-1/4" flange to flange, 59" cap-cap (subtract 3.25"for 2 yokes)...
  9. 1210 driveshaft to 1310 yoke... possible?

As I understand, the U-joints must be 90 degrees from each other?
  10. 1210 driveshaft to 1310 yoke... possible?

That's what I'm searching for now (donor) but it looks like all newer shafts don't match '88 length. All I want is the splined end piece.
  11. 1210 driveshaft to 1310 yoke... possible?

My bad, it's not a long bed, it's 72" To be specific it's a '88 Ranger, Super Cab, 4x4, MT, 125" WB, bone stock except for the new axle. It uses a 2 piece shaft with the carrier. I'm intrigued by your suggestion, I've never heard this. Is mating to the transfer case the same for all or do I...
  12. 1210 driveshaft to 1310 yoke... possible?

On my '88 Ranger I replaced the 7.5 inch rear axle with an 8.8 inch. The original had the SMALL (3.5 inch) bolt circle diameter and the new has the LARGE (4.25 inch) bolt circle diameter. The Spicer 2-2-1379 yoke is the ideal fit for the 8.8" but it's for 1310 series U-joint. The original...
  13. INFO Membership Map

Logging in to Google is too hard for Luddites. Ok, I'm out of it, but it would be helpful if you added a link to log onto Google. Google what? They have so many things going on. How many of you are Googling "Luddite"? I hate to admit it, but I got stuck at step one. Please don't PM me because...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad