• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Wanted AL: Need 1990 XLT split-bench seat brackets

I have a single cab- evidently they are different. If I can't find any, I'll fabricate some. Thank you for your offer, though. I appreciate it.
  2. Wanted AL: Need 1990 XLT split-bench seat brackets

I need split bench seat bottom brackets (mount to the floorboard, 1 each side, with sliding fore-aft adjustment) for my 90 Ranger single cab.
  3. AJE Ranger K-Member Who's Done It!?

^^^ This from a fantastic fabricator- so be warned, folks. Not a hijack, quick Q @Lowranger96 ...I just remember who the guy was that built the gen 1 Ranger rear IRS.....it was gray: Gumby! That was him. Do you have his contact info? Even via pm? I've got to replace this 84 manual brake...
  4. AJE Ranger K-Member Who's Done It!?

Update: Compressor outlet to TB complete (had to move the turbo, which meant rebuilding the exhaust....hey good times) Once that is complete (my first attempt at mild steel to 304 SS for the 3" turbine outlet to 4" exhaust tubing), I'll finish the wiring and start tuning. Slow boost response...
  5. AJE Ranger K-Member Who's Done It!?

Sho nuff @Yotaismygame Don't mind the wiring mess- I'm far from finished.
  6. AJE Ranger K-Member Who's Done It!?

@Yotaismygame Compared to high end RR or drag columns, it's pretty basic- meaning I wouldn't use it in a vehicle I was driving everyday. It's attraction for me was it is a slam-dunk. Everything lined up dead-nuts. FWIW My project is 95% done, but until I find someone to help with the last 5%...
  7. Last 10% of project help wanted in N.E. Alabama

I need to finish my project- it's a 1st Gen Ranger inherited from my Grandfather that I carefully modified into a 700+whp LS turbo daily driver. I'm getting older and need help finishing the build (basic wrenching, wiring...I can help / teach anything you want to learn from engine assembly to...
  8. AJE Ranger K-Member Who's Done It!?

@Yotaismygame No- it is part of the column. No- it extends through the firewall as pictured. It's where the black tube ends and the coupler begins. The 1st gen Ranger is almost the same as a Fox body, but shorter mount to firewall distance. The only direct drop in I could find was the...
  9. AJE Ranger K-Member Who's Done It!?

@Yotaismygame I have a race-only rack, but it uses the same mounting point as the stock column- would that help?
  10. AJE Ranger K-Member Who's Done It!?

@Yotaismygame Hopefully these are what you're referring to- let me know if you need more detail.
  11. AJE Ranger K-Member Who's Done It!?

A little- I bought my awning (it's awesome working under it), got my shocks installed (went with QA1...another story), installed the warspeed alternator bracket and got exactly one (!) wiring circuit done before the heat told me I had to quit. Tore my shoulder up, so I've hired a young guy to...
  12. AJE Ranger K-Member Who's Done It!?

@Yotaismygame Have you been driving it much? I haven't done much lately- busy at work and the heat has been brutal. I considered buying one of those portable awnings to work under, lol. I finished building the exhaust and bled the brakes- still waiting on Viking to ship my shocks, but...
  13. AJE Ranger K-Member Who's Done It!?

Certainly not a mid-4 second daily. There is a world of difference between those cars and what I've built. Caterpillar? What are you referring to? The turbo? It's adjustable. That'll be a stretch for this engine- I kept it stock bottom end so I wouldn't be tempted to go with a nasty solid...
  14. AJE Ranger K-Member Who's Done It!?

@Yotaismygame Honestly, it started as a low to mid 6 second daily. Somewhere along the way (probably when I scaled it and decided to use E85), I realized it would do that on low boost. Dragy will tell, but based on my previous cars, it should easily go mid 5s. The aforementioned friend with...
  15. AJE Ranger K-Member Who's Done It!?

Maybe, but then I'm not a sloppy mechanic kind of guy. Sure, I could have put a bone-stock 5.3 in it, or a Windsor, but did you see the part about the flimsy frame? 2620 pounds with anything over 400 horsepower (that actually hooks) needs safety equipment. I've built cars that have been...
  16. AJE Ranger K-Member Who's Done It!?

Regular old manual rack here, sorry. On another note- more progress: CO2 routed, turbo braced, WG installed. Now for the exhaust. A welder I am not, but it's going to work fine. It's about halfway completed- I'll turn it down behind the pass wheel, along the floorpan, then turn it back up...
  17. For Sale Currie Nodular 9" center with Daytona carrier, 3.50, 31 spline TrueTrac

Used lightly for rear suspension fabrication- gears and Detroit Truetrac are like new. I'll take $800 shipped for it.
  18. AJE Ranger K-Member Who's Done It!?

Great progress on you guys' rides since I last visited. I've been slowly getting mine closer (waiting on the converter / driveshaft / shocks-struts made the project behind schedule). Here's where I'm at currently: I still have to remove the goofy Ford frame brace in front of the engine...
  19. AJE Ranger K-Member Who's Done It!?

@Yotaismygame There's so much to report that I'll likely miss something- I dumped the front AJE coil overs (junk, as you stated) for Vikings, and the rear suspension, well..... Quicktime 9", 35 spline, 3.90 gears- I sold the Explorer 8.8 because I had already narrowed it and didn't realize...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad