• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Using 4WL

Yes just for testing.
  2. Using 4WL

Thanks again Ron, Well I spent the day running around town, shifting the 4wd back and forth. Worked perfectly, even 4WL. I’d like to think all that movement cleaned up the contacts etc. but we’ll see at the cabin Monday. Usually only fails when needed. expensive manual kit all right. Except...
  3. Using 4WL

Hey Ron! Nothing on the visor, just airbag junk. Well I drove it around town today. After sitting an hour it went right into 4WL and back out. An hour later after driving one mile it wouldn’t go into low until I went back and forth down the street a couple times. Neutral and brake on of...
  4. Using 4WL

Thanks Robert. Yes from looking at the little motor that turns the worm gear, my guess is it needs as little load on it as possible.
  5. Using 4WL

99 4.0 5 speed. Any tips on engaging 4WL? Goes from 2w to 4wh quickly but 4wl erratic. Stop, neutral, back up, restart?
  6. 4WD died for a bit

4wd wouldn’t engage again last night. Pulled the motor today, brushes dirty, ok otherwise. That blue electrical piece must do something but it’s working for now. don’t know if I mentioned that when it won’t engage, the dash light blinks 4wd about 4 times, then goes blank and it stays in 2wd...
  7. 4WD died for a bit

Thanks Cam, I’ll keep that in mind. But, since my last love tap it’s been working perfectly, so I haven’t pulled the motor. I did unplug and reconnect the external connection. It was clean though. Also ground has been dry since that episode. So at this point don’t know which of those...
  8. 4WD died for a bit

Thank you all for the replies. I plan to pull the motor today for a quick look. Just a regular motor with brushes? Afraid to try a new one with the cautionary comments. I live several days a week at my cabin, 4wd required, so it normally gets switched then, but as I mentioned it sat in 2wd...
  9. 4WD died for a bit

So today I got to my steep dirt driveway, clicked over to 4WH, the dash light blinked several times, never went in. Drove around on the street a bit, no help. Finally gave the servo motor a few love taps, that worked. Lots of rain and wet roads lately and the motor looks a little rusty on...
  10. ABS dash light

New sensor installed today. ABS light out! I’m going to miss that thing..
  11. ABS dash light

That little, no problem. I use my Ranger primarily to go back and forth to my cabin, 20 miles away, at least once a week, need 4wd for access. As I mentioned, 4WL can be a bit finicky, sometimes need to drive it a bit to engage/disengage. If there’s a trick to it, I’m all ears..
  12. ABS dash light

New sensor coming. The one bolt is easy enough, just hope it pops out of there without a fight. So does spinning the front dif all the time cost gas? I leave my hubs locked since I use 4wd frequently. BTW I got 15 mpg last fill up, slight improvement. Still on the old sensors on driver side.
  13. ABS dash light

Tried resetting the connector, no help. Looks like the wiring goes up the drivers side. I have taken the 4wd motor off the transfer case before, there is one wire that goes to the tail shaft someplace. Don’t know what it does, but it and everything else there is hooked up. 4wd works, takes a...
  14. ABS dash light

Yes it does. Hmm
  15. ABS dash light

C1230
  16. ABS dash light

Ok got it on a reader, says rear sensor. Minor $$, but a bit hard to change on the ground.
  17. ABS dash light

I don't see it in their literature either. Thursday I start auto repair at the local college, they should have something. Been staring at it this long.. Thanks again guys,
  18. ABS dash light

I pugged my scanner (Auto Link AL313) in but don't see C codes or abs anywhere..
  19. ABS dash light

Thanks Ron. If you ever write a book, I'm in. I do have that under my hood, so 4w abs. What's next?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad