• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. dennis461

4.0l freeze plugs in rear of block?

Are there freeze plugs in rear of the block, 1997 4.0l? Just put new head gaskets on and have a leak showing up at bottom of bell housing. Figured one of the heads was leaking, but cannot seem to find where the water is coming from.
  2. dennis461

Need help locating shift solenoid #1

I have P0750 code and bad/no shifting. I've looked for hours on the net trying to figure out which solenoid to replace. I've seen three different images with various 'opinions' on which solenoid is which. Does anyone have an accurate picture or description of these? 1996 Ford Ranger 3.0...
  3. dennis461

ford 7.5" 410 pinion shaft removal ??? HELP WTF

I have a Ford 7.5" 410 rear axle, ABS tone ring open carrier. 1996 Supercab, 3.0L automatic. I was attempting a axle seal repair today, now I'm stuck. I have loosened the ford 7.5" 410 pinion shaft lock bolt. It is long.:annoyed: I can slide it out till it hits the bearing carrier cap. At this...
  4. dennis461

5/23/2010

I'll be out there on 23rd in my XJ. My Ranger is reserved for recovery duty and DD now. :icon_pepsi:
  5. dennis461

Different Sized Bearings On U-Joints

Seems the duralast is an Autozone exclusive, so the part number won;t cross reference. Seems automatic and manual takes different u-joints according to Autozone. but rockauto does not ask which tranny. .
  6. dennis461

Different Sized Bearings On U-Joints

which store? Which parts store? What part number did you buy? . The part store is only as good as it's database. Bought a driveshaft center bearng support today From Autozone, Advance auto parts was trying to sell me the wrong one. :sad:
  7. dennis461

Preperations for long trip question

Preperations for a long trip underway, NJ to Milwaukee (and back). 1800 mile round trip. What would you replace before the trip? My front seals are done. Serpentine belt failry new, alternator new, starter new, battery new. Manual hubs put on last week. Replacing the driveshaft center bearing...
  8. dennis461

ford 9" question

non-c clip. Remove the wheel bearing retainers behind the brake drums then pull axles out.
  9. dennis461

Pine Barrens cleanup Oct 25 Atsion

Pine Barrens cleanup starting from Atsion. October 25 9:30AM http://www.the-jersey-devil.com/bbs/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=73130&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1 For the cleanup I'll be taking my Ranger and keeping to the easy trails in the morning run. The easy trails go around some nasty...
  10. dennis461

Wharton Sat or Sun Oct 3-4

I'm planning a short ride to see if I can follow a route on my GPS. Stock 4x4 roads leaving from Atsion, maybe two hours total. Anyone want to tag along. p.s. There's still chiggers out there :bawling:
  11. dennis461

Dana 35 center u-joint replacement ??

I've been searching for a few days and can't find it. I thought someone wrote up how to replace the Dana 35 center u-joint with a special tool (instead of removing the passenger side axle). Anyone done this without removing axles?
  12. dennis461

1996 ABS actuator/pump assembly

I am trying to find this part for my 1996 4x4 auto 3.0L supercab, 4.10 rears, 4-wheel ABS. (Three sensors). The Right Front dump coil reads open circuited from the computer module and the connector at the valve body. I see two parts listed for Explorers, but can't find a good part number for...
  13. dennis461

Has anyone ever taken a rear-end apart?

pull harder You might need a puller of some sort, slide hammer. Most likely the races are rusted in.
  14. dennis461

usautolighting.com ripoff alert

They took my paypal money and have not sent my light. Been weeks now, no answer at the phone. no response from e-mail. payal will investigate. STAY AWAY :annoyed:
  15. dennis461

Need spindle nut socket for automatic hubs

I need a spindle nut socket (or wrench) for automatic hubs. Does anyone know for sure what socket manufacturer and part number is for this. This needs to fit the Ford factory original spindle nut for 1996 Ranger Dana35 with AUTOMATIC hubs. . I see many sockets listed on websites but they all...
  16. dennis461

Front Spindle question

The fab shop lists this part. Dana 35 TTB Spindle P/N 707341X It states,"1993-1994-1/2 Ford Explorer With ABS" Anyone know if it is the same for 1996 RANGER with ABS? I sent e-mail to sales, but it's the weekend now :-(
  17. dennis461

Strange windy noise from under truck

I occasionally get a strange windy noise from under truck, 1996 3.0L 4x4 supercab. As if a turbo fan is connected to the engine. Very loud with truck stopped and reving up engine. And loud going down the road. Sometimes it doesn't make any noise at all for days. Could the transfer case be...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad