• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 4.0 OHV Idle Issue

thank you
  2. 4.0 OHV Idle Issue

Thank you. I appreciate the information. My 1991 4.0 has no sensor on the oil pump drive gear. Its just flat on top with no plug. With this in mind, I assume I don not need to do this procedure.
  3. 4.0 OHV Idle Issue

What is this procedure?
  4. Fuel Pump Mismatched Issues- Extended Cab Vs. Regular Cab Affecting Range.

I do have a new carter regular cab pump that I warrantied. The issue is that I believe the regular cab pumps are bottoming out on my tank and that is what is causing them to expire early. I also think the float is bottoming on the contours of the tank and that is why it is hanging up at 3/8ths...
  5. Finally- a decent Transfercase option for RBV! The Behemoth Strongbox Doubler

Yes I need to get it in there. I have a little vibration between 85 mph and 90 mph, so I am anxious to redo the angles of the driveline and shorten the rear driveshaft. Also, my stock case needs a rebuild. its been leaking the a sieve.
  6. Fuel Pump Mismatched Issues- Extended Cab Vs. Regular Cab Affecting Range.

I am wondering if anyone has experienced the same issue as I have. I have a 1991 Extended Cab 4.0 Ranger. in 2019 I decided to change the fuel pump because I had the bed off. The stock one was working perfectly fine. I used a carter pump for an extended cab truck. Of course I chucked the stock...
  7. Finally- a decent Transfercase option for RBV! The Behemoth Strongbox Doubler

Here are the junk yard parts and the strong box on the bench. Notice I got 2 planetary gear sets- mostly because I expect my 1991 to have a 4 gear planetary set. I also got the shift collar gear and the planetary gear. Next I took the strong box and applied tape to keep the annodizing nice...
  8. Finally- a decent Transfercase option for RBV! The Behemoth Strongbox Doubler

Next I went to the junk yard and bought some parts out of later model 1354s so that I could assemble the box. These parts were all out of 2 2002 ish sport tracks. Probably died from timing chain issues. Both auto cases. I got the planetary ring out of this one. It required hacking the front...
  9. Finally- a decent Transfercase option for RBV! The Behemoth Strongbox Doubler

Sorry I haven't updated this in a while. I have made some progress, but I didn't get it installed. It did arrive, boxed up perfect from behemoth and with a hand written thank you note. It was larger than I expected- I should have known it would be this size, but in the pictures it looked smaller. \
  10. Fuel Pump Longetivity Report

I tried Carter and the one listed on rock auto for an extended cab is too short and results in loss of range. I replaced with a Delphi for a regular cab and it worked a little over a year. Then back to a Carter for a regular cab. It didn’t fix my issue. So what just ordered one for an extended...
  11. 02 ranger 4x4 FX4 off road rear disc brake conversion

97-200X explorer disks should work. I swapped them on my drum 1993 31 spline explorer rear end- straight bolt in swap.
  12. Kirbys 1991 Ranger Build Up and Solid Axle Swap

Next I started the assembly process: I followed the instructions here: They were spot on with the exception of the clip that holds the bearing in the front section- it was redesigned to mimic the factory design. Noted below. Here are the parts on the table ready to go: (the shifting section...
  13. Kirbys 1991 Ranger Build Up and Solid Axle Swap

Ok- I finally got some time to work on the doubler. I went to the pull and pay in the heat and pulled the donor parts. I took parts from 2 2001 exploder sports. First off, took the front off of a case- luckily it was already pulled. Then I used my trusty sawzall to hack off the sides of the...
  14. Kirbys 1991 Ranger Build Up and Solid Axle Swap

I haven’t been updating the thread well. It didn’t take 6 months- it took almost exactly what behemoth quoted me- which was 6-8 weeks if I remember correctly. They also updated me with texts about progress on the box- what stage of assembly it was in. Work has been busy for me and I got it in...
  15. Kirbys 1991 Ranger Build Up and Solid Axle Swap

And... The behemoth strongbox arrived a few weeks ago! I am stoked to start working on it. I hope to have some time to gather junk yard parts in a couple weeks. Its way bigger in person than it looks like in pictures!
  16. Kirbys 1991 Ranger Build Up and Solid Axle Swap

Here are some more pictures of the shocks mounted and traveling. The limiting straps look too long in these pictures- the only time they actually get utilized is when both wheels are drooped out at the same time- like when catching some air. The compressed shock uses almost all of its...
  17. Kirbys 1991 Ranger Build Up and Solid Axle Swap

Next I added a center tube because I wanted to make sure everything was solid and wouldn't move- if the shock mounts deflect, not only does it cause damage to frame and stuff eventually- it also causes the shocks not to work as well also- I wanted them to be rigid, so they would take all the...
  18. Kirbys 1991 Ranger Build Up and Solid Axle Swap

I have been using the heck out of it. i do some high speed stuff and also rock crawling. Limit straps are doing their job. I haven't pulled any shocks apart. I didn't have any issues with drivelines before anyway. My coils are captured (not loose on either end). So again, I think I set them up...
  19. Kirbys 1991 Ranger Build Up and Solid Axle Swap

Yeah, that is a thought- I put a ton of thought into it- what is limiting down travel there in the pics is the coils only- which are captured top and bottom. I set the straps based on the limit for the driveshaft and it still has about 1.5" of shock travel left when the limit straps are tight...
  20. Kirbys 1991 Ranger Build Up and Solid Axle Swap

I did a little wrenching on the ranger today. I changed the oil. I have been running around with 3 shocks for quite some time now. The rears are probably not doing much either- they seem pretty blown. So I added the correct eyelet to the passenger side shock, loctite'd the heck out of it, and...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad