• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. pintobobster

High third brake light issue

Tried the LED turn flasher, no change
  2. pintobobster

Yes it works when brakes are compressed, But with the light staying on, cruise control not working,
  3. pintobobster

Please explain more.
  4. pintobobster

UPDATE 02/09/2023 Ok so I pulled (disconnected) all taillights, Multiswitch, headlight switch, rheostat,. Turn ignition on(did not start Ranger) high brake light "not" on, Start Ranger high brake light "is" on, Only comes on when truck is running, Next step, Tear into ALL grounding sections...
  5. pintobobster

Great suggestions, I will start looking at the connections and the areas of grounding related to the lights. Anyone have a good link to wiring schematics for a 1996 Ford Ranger? I have both the Haynes and Chilton, not much help for those areas. Thank You all again, Robert.
  6. pintobobster

I will pull the trailer wiring out and just Connect the factory harness back up. I'll let ya know results, Can a video be posted on this site do you know? And thank You for the reply, Robert.
  7. pintobobster

Ok, 1996 Ford Ranger STX 4wd automatic transmission 4.0L engine, Is the vehicle that is having the lighting issues. I also have LED tail lights and LED high third brake light on my 1995 Ford Ranger XLT, the 1995 is having no issue at all with LED Lighting. I've been racking my brain trying to...
  8. pintobobster

ENGINE REPLACEMENT 1995 RANGER 4X4

Good Afternoon All, Whelps..... My 1995 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 Automatic V6 4.0L gave up its ghost the other day, Looking to replace the motor, What year Rangers or Explorers or V6 4.0L will be a direct swap replacement?? Not interested in the rebuild of the existing motor, just want to R&R the...
  9. pintobobster

1995 Ranger 3rd brake light LED issue

Thank You, I will dig into that this next weekend,
  10. pintobobster

Thank You, This is for the cargo lamp, The 3rd brake light breaks off and goes to the Exterior lighting Wiring Diagram.
  11. pintobobster

Thank You for the reply, I replaced the switch and I have bypassed it. Disconnected the switch at the brake peddle completely and the 3rd brake light still came on when the ignition switched to on.
  12. pintobobster

To access the ground for the 3rd brake light, would I need to pull the whole headliner off to gain access? Or where is this grounded at? I do not see any grounding at the area of the light itself, Just the three wires, Brake, Cargo light, and ground.
  13. pintobobster

Good Afternoon All, :shout: 1995 Ford Ranger XLT 4WD Automatic 4.0L Issue I am having. 3rd brake light slightly comes on "only when ignition is turned on", when brakes applied it does get brighter as should be. no engine light (CEL), no other light issues, brake lights work, turn signal...
  14. pintobobster

aftermarket led tail lights (not bulbs)

Got my cruise issue repaired, found out that speed control cutoff switch was issue (the recall fire issue) here is what I found part number# Motorcraft SW6350 which says fits and works for the 1995 ford ranger 4.0 engine is "INCORRECT" (after replacing this part three times) part number#...
  15. pintobobster

Proper Fluid for EARLY (Box) P/S systems

Just did mine, remove belt pulley first, I took serpentine belt off before some people say leave it on? (use the tool OTC 4530 or OEM 27031), take off three bolts holding pump to bracket, pulling out down the out the top, replace with new pump, replace three bolts back on, use same tool put belt...
  16. pintobobster

Proper Fluid for EARLY (Box) P/S systems

I have a 1995 Ranger with 4.0 I Just did the replacement of my pump/steering gear use Motorcraft ATF type "F"
  17. pintobobster

needing a part numbers 1995-1997 Ford Ranger XLT intermediate steering shaft

ANYONE have a solution they have found to correct the slop/play in these?? I have searched (well best I could) the forum(s) for information on the part numbers 1995-1997 intermediate steering shaft (the telescoping type) I have replaced all parts on the front end, and still had plenty of play...
  18. pintobobster

"wanted" "needed" dana 35 ttb for 1995 ranger

ISO/WTB DANA 35 LH (drivers side) Beam or axle housing 10 Bolt. My upper ball joint mount is bent (only took 5 shops to miss it on a front end alignment) and willing to ship the part to Washington State (98682) or if close enough I can drive to meet. HELP!!!!
  19. pintobobster

Rebuild Kit, Warn 29071 Manual Locking Hubs

Good afternoon all Question on rebuild kits for the Warn hubs, I have a set of the Warn 29071 Manual Locking hubs, One is in great shape, and one has the internals loose and worn, Do they have a kit to purchase to rebuild these hubs?? Or is it once they are damaged they become paper weights...
  20. pintobobster

1995 Ranger 4wd Front Outer Axle dust seal/gasket

Good Morning All, I upgraded my hubs to the larger warn 37780 manual locking hubs. I am in need of a part or part number, It is the seal (or gasket) on the outer spindle axle cover It is not the grease seal behind bearings on the Rotor, But on the outer spindle that the rotor sits on, it sits...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad