• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Got water in Engine, now it's noisy

Last nite's rain down pour, drove through some really deep water, a flooded street, up to the bottom of the truck or more. The engine started to die and I gunned it some at the end to get through and it died on the way out on dry ground. When I went to restart, it acted like the battery was...
  2. freon/oil leaking out of ac vents, how to repair

My 93 4.0L ranger now has 170,000 miles on it. About 8 years ago, the original R12 ac system would no longer hold a freon charge more than about a 1 year so I retrofitted to r134a freon with r134a oil with stop leak. System has worked fine all these years but now a terrible freon/oil sickly...
  3. Broken rear axle

Help needed: Hi, just towed home yesterday my 170K miles, '93 ranger 4.0 4x2 w/limited slip rear axle because when I was turning left going up a hilly street, I throttled it and then there was a clunking sound and then the axle disengaged. The drive shaft spins when in gear but the truck...
  4. Koeo DTC 176 and drivability problem-vehicle surges/lurches on highway

Hey my 1993 Ford Ranger 4.0 v6 145,000 miles: Drivability problem started months ago, only on the highway fighting a slight incline, at 60 mph and above, vehicle sometimes surges/lurches and engine light comes on and off. Originally thought it was the torque converter, changed the trans fluid...
  5. 93 4.0 auto transmission like drags or slip or lockup disengages at some highway spd

1993 Ranger 2x4 stx supercab 160,000 miles 4.0 automatic w/over drive I hope I'm not asking about a problem that has already been answered, but I have searched other posts for the same problem but haven't found a match: At around 60 mph (and above) the truck speed vaguely surges up and down a...
  6. Anyone succeeded in increasing their Gas mileage?

I'm getting around town about 15.5 miles to the gallon. Has anyone found successful ways to increase their gas mileage? I saw one post mention the velocity tuner air intake tornado making a dramatic difference. www.velocitytuner.com I've read about adding about 2 ozs of Acetone to each 10...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad