• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 1999 3.0 Off Road power loss & sounds like jet engine

Hey All, Been fixing this thing up for a couple months now, getting ready for inspection. My CEL has been on for a while & I've been trying to trouble-shoot that, but it's been driving great, so wasn't top priority. Unfortunately, this week something changed dramatically. It idles ok. Sometimes...
  2. '99 3.0L Water pump removal

Hi all, I replaced my DPFE sensor a couple weeks ago. WOW! What a difference. Truck would not rev above 3200 or so. Now it will go up to 5k or so. Feels like a whole new vehicle. Friday I stumbled onto the throttle cable mod. Sure enough, even better! Can't believe how well it was running. So I...
  3. Truck Lifts - I don't get it

This morning I saw a truck, not sure what kind, but Ranger-ish. I swear it was raised like 18 inches. Maybe more! Now I would understand (maybe) if this allowed it to go over bigger rocks or something. But the axles, rear diff, etc. are all still like 9 inches off the ground. Why spend so much...
  4. CEL bulb

One of my inspection 'fail' items was no check engine light (key in run position, engine off). Last weekend I took out the cluster, replaced all 6 illumination bulbs and the check engine bulb. I couldn't see any broken filament, so I used a 9V battery & a couple test leads to make sure the bulb...
  5. 99 Ranger ABS light & codes

Hey all, 1999 XLT 4x4 Off Road w/ABS. Front discs, rear drums. ABS light on since purchased in June. Tried a bunch of trouble shooting starting with rear pumpkin speed sensor. Also lifted driver's front wheel & got millivolts from the sensor at the connector behind the headlight when spinning...
  6. 99 Ford Ranger 3.0L 4x4 Off Road

Hi All, Part questions, part edjumuhcation, it's ...questi-muhcation! I have a 99 3.0L 4x4 off road Ranger bought two months ago. When I bought it the ABS light was on. Since the rear speed sensor (VSS) seems to be a common cause & cheap part, I figured I'd start with the low-hanging...
  7. Mystery Wire??? And ignition cable issue

Hey all, I've had my new-to-me truck about a month now. There's this really big stranded wire that starts near the battery's neg terminal, goes down past the wheel well, inside the rocker panel & terminates tied up near the end of the rocker panel. It's taped up in the engine compartment, and...
  8. Hello!

Hello everyone, This got a bit long. Sorry! Like many here, I've been getting lots of help from you guys for a while with no recognition - so thank you everyone. I actually set up my account a year or two ago but never 'participated.' In fact, I've never actually posted to a forum, I think...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad