• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Dmgctrl88

Auto to Manual Swap

I finished my ranger swap at the beginning of last fall, 2016. I built a mild fuel injected 5.0 and a c4 transmission, I converted the transmission to 4x4 using C5 tailhousing and output shaft. Well..... I think the C4 is now fried. I managed to drive to Charleston from Atlanta, on the way home...
  2. Dmgctrl88

C4 not upshifting

Hello all. I recently completed my ranger v8 swap. Thread is in my signature. The motor I built runs great and is tuned in, however when I drive, the truck will not leave 1st gear. I have solid reverse and forward gears. I can put it into 2nd manually after going, but when I put it into drive...
  3. Dmgctrl88

Swap Drawing to a close - Common Questions Thread?

Just a few questions as my swap draws to a close. 1) I have a 1973 C4 from an F100. What size are the transmission cooling fittings? I'd like to run 90 degree fittings and run line along the bottom of the passenger side head, under the harmonic balancer to the two Tranny cooling ports on the...
  4. Dmgctrl88

Driveshaft Conversion?

I have an 86 Ranger, losing a 2.9 & A4LD, getting a 302 & C4. It is 4x4 and I am using the original BW1350 transfer case. I have the following drive shafts at my command: The bottom one is my original. The top one is from a 2003 exploder that is about the right length that I need at 47.5"...
  5. Dmgctrl88

Batch Fire vs. Sequential Injection (swap related)

As I near completion of my V8 Swap. A friend of mine and I came up with an ingenious way to use my existing 2.9 wiring harness with hardly any modification. As you may know, the H.O. cam utilizes the 351 firing order rather than the conventional 289/302 firing order. We will test using an F-150...
  6. Dmgctrl88

2.9 to 5.0 Wiring Harness Conversion

So I've been on here quite a bit and I currently have a build thread going. I'm almost done building my motor and was looking ahead to my next task to overcome. So some basic details before going in about my build. 86' 2.9 A4LD 4x4 converting to an 5.0 & C4 retaining the original BW1350...
  7. Dmgctrl88

Got this far - Questions

My build thread is located at: http://therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151435&page=1 It is picture heavy. I had a few questions about parts and whatnot. Starting from the back to the front. I rebuilt my C4 transmission and swapped in a C5 output shaft and tail housing. --- 1)Will...
  8. Dmgctrl88

Phoenix Project

Hello All, I am new to the forum, however, I have been viewing the forum for quite awhile. I currently am conducting my first V8 swap/ engine build. The focus of this build is to convert my existing engine and transmission on a budget, with potential upgrades later down the road. First off...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad