• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. JerryC

Dreaded 2.9 "Rough Idle"

Put a vacuum gauge on it. Usually they will have diagnostic info on them, plus you can get help online how to use them. Here is the one Harbor Freight sells; HF Vacuum Gauge In the days before ODBII a vacuum gauge was a very valued tool.
  2. JerryC

Fuel starved '88 B2?

I'm late to the party and hopefully you have it fixed by now. If not, check the connections at the frame mounted fuel pump. Mine acted like a bad TFI but it was loose connectors at the fuel pump. It left me stranded a block from the dealer so I had it towed there. It sat at the dealer for...
  3. JerryC

Small amount of gas on top of tank

If it is the gasket leaking, when you replace the gasket make sure to buy a new lock ring. The lock ring loses it's ability to put tension on the gasket and will work loose. I learned this one the hard way. It is recommended to use a brass punch on the lock ring so it won't make a spark
  4. JerryC

Headlights

I bought a set that looks like this a few years back. The exact brand is no longer on Amazon...
  5. JerryC

MY build thread...'88 Bronco II Desert Rat Patrol Edition: 1/26/24 update!

I think mine was 50-65 amps, really weak. At idle it was almost nothing :) When I was upgrading my alt, the research I did was saying that about 90-100 amps is all that single V-belt could handle. That's why I didn't do a 3G 130A.
  6. JerryC

I don't remember if you mentioned it or not, but you're probably going to need a new alternator. The stock alt is really weak and the e-fan will draw a lot of amps. Autozone used to sell a bolt on 90-ish amp alternator. It puts almost enough amps at idle to run the lights with LED headlights...
  7. JerryC

RE: ride quality and poly bushings. I used poly bushings on both of my sway bars, front and rear. No change in ride quality other than greatly increased stability over the trashed rubber bushings. I'm somewhat sad to say this, but my BII rides noticeably better than my 2022 Badlands Sasquatch...
  8. JerryC

My 2 cents, keep an eye on EBAY for the Ford service manuals, especially the vacuum and electrical. they are far and away better than Chiltons. Parts are much scarcer now than when I got my 88 running, but EBAY is probably still the best place to find parts you can't get at the local auto parts...
  9. JerryC

Efficiency and handling mods for street?

In addition to the above. Good tires. Good shocks. If it doesn't have the factory air dam installed, install one. An electric fan may get a little more power and mpg. Drive with less gas in the tank, saves weight. If you have the big tow mirrors replace them with little mirrors. Make sure the...
  10. JerryC

Stuck at 30psi

When you replaced the O2 sensor did you check the wiring harness connector? It could have corrosion on the pins.
  11. JerryC

Stuck at 30psi

Have you checked the voltage and ground at the HP pump? Maybe run jumper wires to the HP pump from battery while running and check pressure?
  12. JerryC

What's your top speed?

Mine starts to get iffy at 70mph, I don't push it farther than that. It steers fine but bumps, dips, and holes in the road make the ride a little too exhilarating for me. The few times I get on the highway I stay around 65 mph.
  13. JerryC

Weird Anomaly last friday coming home

It's hard to find one that can fix anything without ODBII.
  14. JerryC

Motor running lean

Off the wall thought. The TB is not adjusted or working properly. It is opening farther than what is reported to the ECU. Second thought, an exhaust leak makes an 02 sensor read incorrectly, but I don't remember it reads lean or rich.
  15. JerryC

1987 Ford Bronco II Can't get Fuel

Be sure the pumps are wired correctly, I believe they can run in reverse. Also the connector at the tank can go bad, they used to be available at the parts stores.
  16. JerryC

First Offroad testing 89 BII

When I look at your BII all I can think of is; "Dude, You Suck!" :) That's an awesome rig.
  17. JerryC

Floaty steering at high speed

I'll GUESS it's the tires, too much air from looking at the picture (sidewall and dirt pattern) or just that tread pattern.
  18. JerryC

No rpms

What about fuel pressure? Did you check that ?
  19. JerryC

89 b2 no power

Mine acted like this once. It was a split in the upper intake gasket. Idled fine, revved a little slow. Almost no power, could barely get the BII to move.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad