• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Shoddy Cologne

Dumb Q 98-99 4.0ohv

Do 98-99 4.0ohv Rangers/B4000 have Fuel pump Driver modules? I do not have one to look at and a google search turns up empty. Can someone confirm they dont exist? Tia.
  2. Shoddy Cologne

4.0 OHV standalone questions..

Soo i kind of jumped into this without reeeeally digging into it. I grabbed a 99 mazda 4.0ohv engine harness and ecu. To swap into my Merkur Xr4ti. I know now that it has PATS and returnless fuel system which will not work to build a standalone. I believe i need a 96-97 harness and manual ecu as...
  3. Shoddy Cologne

A4ld pressure test porttt?

Ive googled it, looked in my chilton book and looked at my transmission but im still uncertain of where exactly the pressure test port is on my a4ld. Someone on here sorry idr their name suggested that i install my trans temp sensor into the pressure test port. Can someone help me? Thanks Sent...
  4. Shoddy Cologne

A4ld Running without cooler

Ive got a rebuilt a4ld with less than 10k on it. I was in an accident in my b2 and replaced the radiator with a manual one i had laying around. Now the manual one has no cooler but ive got the towing package cooler and was going to add another but im not sure that will be enough. Now its not a...
  5. Shoddy Cologne

Fm146+D28 TO 2WD?

I know i have asked a similar question but my idea is to delete my Transfer case and front axles/driveshaft. Looking at the book there is a seal that goes over the axles to what apears to be the inside of the spindle? Is it possible to run without those seals? My other thought is the transfer...
  6. Shoddy Cologne

Ps pump specs?

I cant seem to find my book for the capacities for my 89 b2. I just replaced my power steering pump and bracket but i dont remember what it takes. Mercon? Sent from my LGL16C using Tapatalk
  7. Shoddy Cologne

fm146 durability?? BII

I know the fm146 isn't preferred over the m5od but I've got one from a b2 that i pulled the motor from. I like how they shift over the m5od in my 2.5l ranger. Now if i install it i was going to delete the 4x4 on on my bronco because i don't need it and don't intend to wheel it. its basically my...
  8. Shoddy Cologne

Rough shifting m5od

I have a 2000 Ford Ranger 2wd With 103k on it. I recently changed the atf with Wolfshead It was pretty Brownish red and the drain plug had a fair bit of metal on it. Now it shifts better but it is still hard to shift when cold. And even when it is warm its rough shifting through 1-2-3. 4-5 are...
  9. Shoddy Cologne

bronco 2 - 98+ 2wd conv?

bronco2 - 98+ranger 2wd conv? i'm trying to plan out a 2wd conversion for my b2. i was curious if i could install 98+ ranger front sus parts onto my 89 b2. it might be easier however to just cut the frame from a 98+ donor from the firewall forward seeing as my drivers frame is pretty bent...
  10. Shoddy Cologne

whats the best replacement?

I recently bought a 2000 ranger 2wd 2.5l manual with 98k on the odometer for 900 bucks. its got a broken leaf and the other side has a broken shackle. its got the 3 leaf pack and I've heard its super common to break them. i'm looking for possibly an alternative set of leafs, either the 4 pack or...
  11. Shoddy Cologne

uhh whats busted?

sorry i do not have a picture but i'll describe this to the best of my ability. my driver side rear wheel (89 Bronco2) has a slight chamber to it only noticable when standing behind it. ive recently replaced the leaf springs and the tire still rubs the fender with the outside sidewall. while the...
  12. Shoddy Cologne

trying to find a U-pull-it

my local yards don't really have what i'm looking for and they are hard to haggle. I was wondering if anyone knows of a Upullit in NW PA
  13. Shoddy Cologne

late model ranger seat size

i was wondering if someone could give me the width of the 2000ish ranger seats that look like this...
  14. Shoddy Cologne

Shoddy's '57 Ford Build

This is my '57 ford F-100 pickup. It was originally my fathers, he traded my mothers snowmobile for it in 1995. it was flat towed home behind an 88' BroncoII with the fenders, hood and other junk in the bed. Today it's got a 351W out of a '78 econoline van and a C6 trans, hoping to switch to a...
  15. Shoddy Cologne

M5R2 to '78 351w

so i've got a '57 ford pickup with a 351w, 4bbl holley 4160, C6 trans, original 9'' rear. I'd like to throw a 5 speed in it and I've found a guy selling a working m5od r2 for $100. i've been finding mixed answers about whether or not it would be suitable. this truck is 2wd and doesn't get...
  16. Shoddy Cologne

my b2 build

I've owned this b2 for 3 years.Nearly lost it on the Uhaul trailer on the journey home through a bad snow storm after i bought it for $800. Its been a DD, has gone through a trans rebuild shortly followed by a motor swap due to a failed head gasket and seized engine. I've replaced just about...
  17. Shoddy Cologne

bad fuel or bad pump?

i started to notice occaisionally from a dead stop my b2 would bog down and fall on its face when trying to accelerate then after a moment would be fine. so i replaced the fuel filter now 3-4 weeks later i went for a drive and filled it up with 3 gallons of non ethanol 91 octane and 5 gallons of...
  18. Shoddy Cologne

new from Pennsylvania

hey there. new to TRS but not to RBVs ive spent more time under my 89 bronco 2 2.9 auto ( looking to do the 4.0 OHV, M50d swap) than i have my 57 ford F100 lol over the past 3 years i work as a diesel mechanic but ive only been wrenching on semi trucks for about 2 years.. alot to learn yet...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad