• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Shoddy Cologne

98 4.0 OHV difference to 98+ OHV

99 does not have EGR. For whatever reason.
  2. Shoddy Cologne

4.0 retrofitted with a distributor?

Id be very interested to try this. Though idk if the juice is worth the squeeze.
  3. Shoddy Cologne

Dumb Q 98-99 4.0ohv

I have the whole truck. Could swap modt everything.
  4. Shoddy Cologne

Dumb Q 98-99 4.0ohv

Thanks Ron. I suppose running a 98 pump would work. Though im finding theres just too many unknowns. Finding the correct 98-99 4.0ohv pcm is proving very difficult. So Ive been eyeballing my crusty 92 2.9 and considering swapping that in instead. Though that thing hasnt ran and been on the road...
  5. Shoddy Cologne

Dumb Q 98-99 4.0ohv

I guess i would have to know which fuelpump is the correct one to use with that setup.
  6. Shoddy Cologne

Dumb Q 98-99 4.0ohv

Thanks craig
  7. Shoddy Cologne

Dumb Q 98-99 4.0ohv

Do happen to know where the return fuel line that enters the fuel pump comes from?
  8. Shoddy Cologne

Dumb Q 98-99 4.0ohv

Im not sure thats correct. Rockauto does not show a 3port filter for 98 or 99 ranger 4.0
  9. Shoddy Cologne

Dumb Q 98-99 4.0ohv

Thanks sno ranger. Thats good news to me. I just need a pump for my swap then i believe. Do you happen to know from where fuel is returned to the tank? The sending unit has a return hose but im not sure where thats supposed to come from. The filler neck?
  10. Shoddy Cologne

Dumb Q 98-99 4.0ohv

Do 98-99 4.0ohv Rangers/B4000 have Fuel pump Driver modules? I do not have one to look at and a google search turns up empty. Can someone confirm they dont exist? Tia.
  11. Shoddy Cologne

4.0 OHV standalone questions..

Just a touch underpowered.
  12. Shoddy Cologne

?? ive got both. Ive had way less issues with my 2.9 in my b2. As far as parting eith my 2.3 idk yet. If i cant figurr this out ill cut my losses and buy a used head.
  13. Shoddy Cologne

I found that the exhaust valve seat was cracked on cyl #2. Bought a turbocoupe for a replacement head and it was also cracked in the same exact spot. Decided i had enough of that and wanted to put something more reliable in. So i snagged up a 4.0ohv.. and here i am pulling my hair out tryong to...
  14. Shoddy Cologne

I dont think using the 96 or 97 will work out to great because they have different heads. I could be wrong but i believe a few have tried that with poor results. As far as evap and egr Im not so much worried about CELs or codes coming up as long as it doesnt make it run open loop or in a limp...
  15. Shoddy Cologne

Thank you for your suggestions. Ive been reading and trying to figure this all out. Been reading for several hours to no real conclusion. Could i just swap the returnless fuel rail for a return style, add a walbro pump and and adjustable FPR and adjust it to spec? Or do as adsm08 has said and...
  16. Shoddy Cologne

Okay sorry for not being more clear. I am swapping out my 2.3t for a 4.0ohv from a 99 mazda into my Merkur. I'm just asking for the best/simplest way to get the it to run correctly. I have the complete engine harness and auto pcm, i dont have anything from under the dash except the obd2 port. I...
  17. Shoddy Cologne

Not sure what you mean by dashpotting. Im just looking to get what ive got running the simplest way. I know the eec-iv setup would be a bit more forgiving but i read here that the later engines dont run that good with earlier ecu setups.
  18. Shoddy Cologne

1986 Pinstriping

Pics would be helpful.
  19. Shoddy Cologne

Soo i kind of jumped into this without reeeeally digging into it. I grabbed a 99 mazda 4.0ohv engine harness and ecu. To swap into my Merkur Xr4ti. I know now that it has PATS and returnless fuel system which will not work to build a standalone. I believe i need a 96-97 harness and manual ecu as...
  20. Shoddy Cologne

A4ld pressure test porttt?

Ive googled it, looked in my chilton book and looked at my transmission but im still uncertain of where exactly the pressure test port is on my a4ld. Someone on here sorry idr their name suggested that i install my trans temp sensor into the pressure test port. Can someone help me? Thanks Sent...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad