• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. forgey4x4

89 2.9l pass motor mount

Anybody figure out a trick to remove the motor mount on the pass side, I am about ready to take the sawzall to it. Thanks 89' 2.9l man 4x4
  2. forgey4x4

89 ranger xlt extracb 4x4 2.9l 5sp man

Bam So much more light in the mourning, I love it. Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
  3. forgey4x4

Got swap done, it sounds like a total different truck when starting, I like it. I went ahead and proceeded to swap out my valve cover gaskets, because of a pretty bad leak, when I discovered this So then I preceded to do this Got it all back together but am still adding coolant after three...
  4. forgey4x4

89 2.9l rear main seal

So I kinda bottomed out my rear main seal, instead of keeping it flush with block. Has anyone done this, will it be ok, or should I rip it back out, and get a nnew one tomorrow? Thanks for any help, I kinda need this done tomorrow, but if I fudged it up, it is was it is, I guess.
  5. forgey4x4

4.0l injectors in a 2.9l

Someone has told me that I can swap in 4.0l injectors, and fuel pump, in my 2.9l and I will have more powa. Has anyone done this swap, and does it work? I tried searching but, nothing really came up. Thanks for any info.
  6. forgey4x4

kinda weird

Well where to start, 89 ranger 2.9 manual 4x4, the starter has been grinding ever since I have bought truck, new starter still same problem, checked ring gear when I fixed slave cylinder it looked fine. Just got truck back from alignment and noticed that it still had some pretty bad steam boat...
  7. forgey4x4

89' ranger drag link

Replaced all tie rods and drag link on my 89 ranger a couple of weeks ago and finnally got it in to be alligned and have caster chamber angle fixed. Well the alignment shop called and said the toe could not be alligned because the tie rod was too long. So I took it home and did some...
  8. forgey4x4

Ok cool, do you know if there is a second fuel filter on these, or just the one on the frame rail Not bad for $150 you can see the only dent on back corner
  9. forgey4x4

Hello, Bought an 89 truck want to start tomorrow, but it has been sitting for 8ish yrs. I put new fuel pump, filter changed cap rotor, plugs and wires, changed oil and antifreeze, is there any thing else I might want to do before I start it? Any I deas would be cool. Thanks
  10. forgey4x4

howdy all

Hello, I have just purchased an 89' ranger xlt extracab 4x4 for a $150.00, it has tank out so I put new fuel pump in and will be installing it tomorrow. Today I put the rekeyed door lock back in, and all three locks match, lucked out. Put new ignition switches in the other day and all power...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad