• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Oil coming out of valve cover fill cap

I have oil coming out of the oil fill breather on the driver's side of the engine. I have done a compression test on all my cylinders and I have one that is only about 60psi and all the others are between 120-140psi. So with those numbers I know I have some blow-by. I don't have the money or...
  2. flywheel bolts issue

I needed to replace the flywheel in my 1984 ranger 4x4 2.8L engine, but there wasn't one available that I could find. I ended up getting an 1987 ranger 2.9L flywheel and everything is the same except for the depth of where the flywheel bolts go (the center section). The original flywheel was...
  3. Flywheel needed

I am trying to find a new flywheel for my 84 ranger 4x4 and I am having no luck. I know I can have it resurfaced, but it looks like it has blue spots on it. Which I think means it has hardened spots that would make it no good. Any help would be appreciated.
  4. Clogged intake ports

I was pulling my intake and my head's to replace the head gaskets due to leaking. When I pulled the intake there were two middle cooling ports that were clogged with carbon buildup. Is this a normal finding or does this mean there is an issue else where? What can I use to remove the carbon...
  5. Vacuum system

I just got a 1984 ranger 2.8L V6 4x4. There is a newer motorcraft carb in place. My vacuum diagram is not matching up with the hoses in my engine compartment. I am trying to find out about a WOT VLV on my vacuum diagram. It seems to be missing from my engine compartment. I also have exhaust...
  6. fuel pump electrical problem

I have a 93 ranger 4x4 ext cab 4.0L V6. My son was backing it out of the driveway and it just shut off. I had driven it the two previous days and it ran fine. We replaced the fuel pump thinking that was it, but the new pump is not getting any power. I have been checking the fuel pump relay...
  7. new to site

Working on my third ranger. I have a 1993 ranger extended cab 4.0v6 4x4. Having starting issues. Thought it was the fuel pump, so replaced it. Found out that was not it. The fuel relay is not clicking, but there is power to the relay. Any help would be appreciated. Great site.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad