• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Scobi64

What trans and tcase to use for 302?

I have a 2000 Ford Ranger and I'm going to do a 302 conversion. As most of you know, in that year range, not the easiest swap. Anyways, it's 4x4 and I'm looking for a transmission and Tcase that will bolt up to my 302. The 302 came out of a 2001 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer. I've decided the...
  2. Scobi64

98 Ranger - 97 Explorer Swap?

I have a 98 Ranger that had the 3.0 auto, my project is swapping a 5.0 v8 from the 97 explorer. I know that there is a lot of gray area between 97-98 because of the ECM and wiring. I want to know if anyone knows, is that swap possible? Or should I just find a 98-02 explorer to make my life easier?
  3. Scobi64

New Rear Leafs...?

Noticed I have a broken leaf on the drivers side. So I'm going to buy 2 new sets. For both sides. Problem is I've run across needing a leaf spring code, which I do not have. There is no door tag and I have tried calling my local dealership and giving them my VIN, they can't look up any codes...
  4. Scobi64

Lost Key

I converted my 1999 Ford ranger 3.0 to a 4.0 ohv out of a 2000 Ford explorer. I lost my keys to the truck, it's at the Ford dealership now so they can make keys. They're trying to tell me a bunch of carp about what keys will work and what won't. Would my original key have worked? Or would I need...
  5. Scobi64

3.0L to 4.0L

Long story short I've had my 1999 3.0L 4x4 ranger for almost 3 years now, and I have done 3 motor swaps already. Always swapping another 3.0 into it. For the last time I killed another one. I'm all done with 3.0's. I was going to do a 302 swap, but decided on a more cost efficient 4.0L swap. I...
  6. Scobi64

Oil Pump/Oil Pressure Gauge

Alright, so I'm going to try to explain this as simple as possible. I was out wheeling, and towards the end the oil pressure gauge would drop to nothing, and the "check gauge" light would come on. Having experienced ignoring that and seizing a motor before because of a dead oil pump, I quickly...
  7. Scobi64

Manual Locking Hubs

I have a 1999 Ranger 4x4. It had the stock automatic locking hubs. Vacuum operated. I have had problems with them. So I bought myself a set of Rugged Ridge manuals. They got good reviews and everything... I can't get them to stay in my truck! I've been through two sets now. At $200 a set I can't...
  8. Scobi64

New Kid from NH

I live in Southern NH. I have a 1999 Ford Ranger XLT with a 2000 3.0 Flex Fuel V6. 5" of lift on 32/11.50/15. I'm here to get and give advice. I have done 3 motor swaps in my truck alone, rebuilt the front end, and rebuilt the frame. I also built a 1982 Ford Mustang GT. So if you need anything...
  9. Scobi64

Arched Springs?

Hi, new to the forum. Seen it many times. Anyways, I have a 1999 Ranger 4x4 and it's already got 5 inches of lift. I want to lift the rear another 1-2 inches. Not with any more blocks either. I was thinking if I put springs that had more of an arch to them. That would definitely do it. Where...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad