• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. planeflyer21

'99 Brake Hardline Clog (Gump Move)

Success! It was longer than the inch that I suspected. First puff of air, hit the bucket like a BB gun. Now, to wrangle in that Explorer line. Thanks everyone for the input!
  2. planeflyer21

Okay, the airgun with the rubber nipple produced some results. I couldn't tell if it was moving or not and kept turning up the air pressure, well past the "recommended maximum pressure." Although it did completely clear the line of the remaining brake fluid. And the rubber nipple blew off...
  3. planeflyer21

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. ;missingteeth;
  4. planeflyer21

I just came in to ask "Is it okay if I pull the line at the RABS and blow it out from there?" lol I'll report back with the results.
  5. planeflyer21

Thanks RonD. I can do the compressed air. 85_Ranger, this is the line between the fuel tank and frame. I am in the desert, so we usually don't have rust unless the vehicle is imported from elsewhere.
  6. planeflyer21

Howdy everyone! While swapping the stock 7.5 axle for an 8.8, I dc'ed the flex line to the Y-fitting by the pumpkin from the hardline that runs along the frame from the front. To stop the dripping, as I've done lots before with no issues, I put in a bamboo skewer (like for grilling) to...
  7. planeflyer21

Torsion Bar Delete?

Thanks, Uncle! Man, Bossley has quite the build thread there! Looks great. Looks like I have some ponderations to consider.
  8. planeflyer21

Torsion Bar Delete?

What options are there for getting rid of the torsion bar suspension on the front of my '99 4x4 Ranger? Some years back I bought a coilover conversion kit (basically just the mounts for the coils and shocks). However, those shocks seem to have gone up quite a bit in this economy. After having...
  9. planeflyer21

TRS Word Association Game

Hearing aids
  10. planeflyer21

Siesta!
  11. planeflyer21

First Ford Ever

That is farm-truckish. Nice! Welcome aboard.
  12. planeflyer21

T-top Trans Am
  13. planeflyer21

1999 Ranger missing SO many 4x4 parts? Help UPDATED

I went through the hassle of replacing the vacuum hubs once. The new ones stopped working after only a few months. After reading through all the pages on the links provided to you by RonD, I opted to go with the later live-axle setup. Not too difficult. Now I have 4 wheel drive when I engage...
  14. planeflyer21

Home depot- ryobi 4ah battery 2 pack + free tool 100$

I stumbled upon this same package deal last year. The regular price for ONE 4ah battery was $99. Looked around the store for a bit in bewilderment. Well, can't pass this up. The only thing that really sucks the juice out of them IME is the anglegrinder.
  15. planeflyer21

‘94 4x4 Swap/Build

Looks good to me! (y)
  16. planeflyer21

Tree guys, Arborists and Riggers… I have questions …

Accidental artillery helps make life worth remembering.
  17. planeflyer21

2nd Fuel Tank

Tell me about it! My pre-Ranger truck was a 1976 K10. 10mpg everywhere. Then $4/gallon gas hit AZ. Got my Ranger and it paid for itself in gas savings in like 4 months.
  18. planeflyer21

2nd Fuel Tank

I've noticed that. I would think it shouldn't be too hard to adapt a selector valve and switch.
  19. planeflyer21

2nd Fuel Tank

Thanks, Ron. That's a big help. Should be relocating soon to out of an emissions straddled county. Working on the Superlift install now, with the materials set aside for a custom flatbed. Sgt, already counting on the custom part. Thanks again, guys!
  20. planeflyer21

2nd Fuel Tank

Howdy everyone. Not sure where to post this. Mods, please move it if there's a better spot. I'm considering putting a 2nd fuel tank on my 1999 Ranger supercab. Somehow I got it in my head that a '85+ Bronco II fuel tank will fit between the frame, where the factory spare tire carrier used to...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad