• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. decipha

351w OBD2 Pennsylvania.

the explorer comes stock with 302 which is the same basic engine as the 351 timing cover and all bolts right up. as mentioned the exhaust, oil pan and ac box will require some work usually. use all the explorer stuff except for the cam sensor stalk. You will need to get a v6 stalk and mate...
  2. decipha

What octane can I run in a stock 2.9l v6?

The only time you need higher octane fuel is if you cannot reach mbt without detonation. This is usually always due to cylinder pressure. In order to reach those kinds of pressure you need either a higher compression engine or some type of power adder that increases cylinder pressure...
  3. decipha

V8 Swap, No Start

try holding the pedal to the floor while cranking to shut off the injectors. If you smell fuel its probably getting too much fuel and causing you issues.
  4. decipha

New poster....decade long lurker lol

hey man welcome to the forum you sound like me, I have a 2002 harley truck with a 3.4 whipple, 10 supercoupes, and a 95 mustang vert with a 408 and a blower which was originally a 408 turbo I built for one of my tbirds. Cheapest option would be to find a 5L explorer for a parts truck to swap...
  5. decipha

V8 Swap, No Start

OP... it sounds like your tuner didn't turn off PATS correctly Scroll to the bottom of this link and fill out the automated vehicle info sheet and submit it. Be sure to include your xcal serial number. I'll shoot you a file to test to verify its not a computer related issue...
  6. decipha

Coil pack time

as has been stated for all ignition components for all fords its always best to stick with the oem motorcraft.
  7. decipha

codes 175 176 red and grey pcms are not alike there is life from the bog

Im having a hard time following what your saying and I type horribly fragmented sentences. In any case changing the injectors or maf will require a custom tune so you don't want to go that route until you need to. Upgrading injectors will net you 0 horsepower so if you suspect they are dirty...
  8. decipha

98 3.0 FUEL TRIM

if one of the shops rewrote the ecu theres no telling whats on it now do you have any tuning devices or datalogging abilities?
  9. decipha

1990 5.0 swap thread (project Jenner)

if you snatched the engine out of a 98 its got edis on it. I would HIGHLY recommend staying with edis over going with a distributor. The eec-v computers are significantly better than the older eec-iv's.
  10. decipha

Fuel pump and tank question

youd need a regulator http://www.efidynotuning.com/pre.htm
  11. decipha

Bank 1 and 2 Problems

the most common cause for them codes coupled with the missing at higher loads is usually a failing fuel pump 100% of the time remember you can only check fuel pressure drop at WOT
  12. decipha

3.8 Supercharged V6 Engine Transplant

sad to see the sc go to the yard, just to think my window sticker was 26k for my 91 as compared to 14k for a 91 mustang gt
  13. decipha

Driveshaft bolt questions

x2 im metric all the way 0c water freezes - makes perfect sense 100c water boils - makes perfect sense 50c is half way between hot and cold - i figured that out very easily 32f water freezes ?? 212f water boils ?? 122 is half way what the hell? 8 oz in a cup 2 cups in a pint 2 pints in a...
  14. decipha

351w heads on a 302

the 351 and the 302 engines are the same. Any ford head for a small block ford is going to be complete garbage. Even the gt40 x/y/p/z etc... heads are all junk. It's not worth wasting the time and effort to swap anything other than an aftermarket head on a sbf.
  15. decipha

5.0 98 explorer into 90 ranger swap

yep click reference >> ecu pin outs
  16. decipha

take the 98 range engine harness and go through it. Simplify it so your only using what you need. When your done you should be able to plug it in the engine and start it up on the stand if you wanted to. Its very simple just time consuming. The full pinout chart on my website will help.
  17. decipha

ford dealers are uninformed I have reprogrammed ecu's for exactly what your wanting no problem. There's literally thousands of tuners out there that can do the same take your pick and call any preferably someone local to you. I would highly recommend against swapping the dash and all. The...
  18. decipha

Idling vs start and stop.

if it start up clatters the damage is already done
  19. decipha

Idling vs start and stop.

start up clatter is due to using the incorrect oil filter USE ONLY MOTORCRAFT FILTERS and you won't have that problem reason being is cuz the motorcraft filters have anti-siphon anti-drain back valves so they do not bleed oil all the way down on shut off. This is a very common problem on...
  20. decipha

3.8 Supercharged V6 Engine Transplant

just go out there and let it run for an hour every 6-8 hrs and you'll be fine

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad