• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. A/C Clutch Relay Jumper

On my '05, 3.0L I want to jumper the a/c relay (46a) to see if it engages the clutch. The relay diagram shows it uses terminals 1, 2, 3, and 5. Which two of these are jumpered and how are the relay slots numbered? Thank you for your help. Fred
  2. Mystery Black Box

What is the little black box that the ant. output cable enters before it exits with the coax cable to the ant.? Also, this box has another cable coming out of it and into a stereo plug? Thank you, Fred
  3. Misfire caused by faulty rad. cap?

Driving to work the other day my '05 Ranger began to idle rough and engine light flashing. I noticed the coolant reservoir overflowing but the engine was not overheating at all. At the shop I saw that the rad. cap was in bad shape and the #5 plug was foul. What I don't understand is that I'm...
  4. Intermittent a/c on "05 Ranger

My a/c blows cold air once the compressor clutch engages. Sometimes it takes a half hour before it engages, most times it doesn't engage at all. The connector at the compressor looks good. Could it be a bad a/c relay? Thanks for your help. Fred
  5. Safety Recall Notice 15s22/NHTSA Recall 15v-322

I received this notice for my '05 Ranger indicating it is one of the vehicles needing repair. My truck doesn't have side air bags, just dash and steering wheel bags. So, does this recall still pertain to my truck?
  6. Unknown Wire

I was pulling plugs when this gray wire (see attach.) got disconnected but I don't know from where? It runs under the heater core housing and blower motor and maybe enters the cab. The blower motor still runs so it's something else. Thanks for the help. Fred
  7. Misfire in '05 Ranger

A scan of my '05, 3.0L Ranger came up with the following codes: P0300 (random misfire detected), P0304 (cylinder 4 misfire detected), and P0316 (engine misfire detected on startup). I put in a new coil pack but the problem is still there. What else should I check? Fred
  8. Fuel Pump Test

I think the fuel pump on my '05, 3.0l Ranger is dead but I want to make sure before I drop the tank. With the key on I opened the connector under the truck and measured the pin that has the blk/pnk wire (Haynes) and measured 0 volts. The fuel pump fuse and relay are good. Could the inertia...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad