• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Dash swap

So I know this has probably been asked and discussed but I can’t find it anywhere.(yes I tried to search it). But will a dash from a 99 explorer bolt in a 90 bronco 2? Reason i ask is we are buying my wife a 90 bronco 2 and i have access to a 99 explorer with a good 5.0 , trans and transfer...
  2. Extended cab long bed swap

I remember reading a thread a few years back about the 98-11 frames were 2 pieces and a 98-11 longer beg could technically be made by mating the Rear of a long bed with the front of an extended cab and I thought someone was doing this conversion, but i cant find it. I tried google and our search...
  3. SOHC 4.0 thermostat housing upgrade

The SOHC 4.0 in the Ranger (and I believe the explorers) came with a plastic thermostat housing that is prone to fatigue and failure. Well mine failed last week in my search for the best price on a replacement i came across a SPK part on rockauto that is Aluminium. It comes with new sensors and...
  4. Explorer sohc on ranger

Has anyone done this? I have an 06 ranger and when I did my body lift I didn’t want to drop the radiator down because it made it Vulnerable to puncture so in order to make the fan and intake work with the radiator raised I had to remove the shroud(I’m not ok with this for long term). The side...
  5. Dome light question/idea

so i have an 06 extended cab ranger i am in the process installing the explorer overhead console and the triple dome light. my ideal/question is has any one installed a standard cab dome light in the back of an extended cab for more lighting?
  6. 1354e question?

Can an electric 1354e be converted to a manual case? Or do I just need to look for a manual transfer case
  7. rear seat?

is it possible to swap the forward facing seats out of a new ranger into a 94?
  8. My 94 ranger build

She's a 94 4x4 4.0 5 speed extrended cab. I picked her up for 500 buck with a bad engine. I have a 95 explorer that I'll be stealing parts off of for the build. This will be my DD once it's up and running
  9. Dash swap.

I'm looking into swapping a 95 explorer dash into a 94 ranger. I have the entire explorer. I've thought about swapping the entire harness. Explorer is a 4.0 auto(bad trans) Ranger is 4.0 5 speed (bad engine) I want to keep the 5 speed. Any pics show in the difference between mounting would be...
  10. 2010 brake questions

ok im sure this info is out there but i cant find it( yes i used the search). can the 2010/2011 rear brakes be put on a 94 8.8(ranger)
  11. 2010 brake questions

ok im sure this info is out there but i cant find it( yes i used the search). can the 2010/2011 rear brakes be put on a 94 8.8(ranger)
  12. 3.5 ecoboost 2nd gen ranger 4x4

Just looking for information as of right now. What i know thus far; Ford makes a stand alone harness for use with 5 speed/mechanical auto Quick time makes a bell housing(i believe that they would make a custom one for the ranger) M5od- hd would probably be best for the power. I believe that a...
  13. 89-97 drop spindle idea

ok I don't have the parts in hand to verify but would it be possible (with minor machining to put a drivers side spindle upside down on the passenger side and vise versa? I could be wrong but by pictures it looks as if the shaft on the spindle is closer to the bottom.:icon_confused: if I'm or if...
  14. Explorer axle questions

I have a 93 ranger i am wanting to replace my stock mono spring with explorer springs and an axle with 3.73s. I know this will lower the rear as this is part of my goal, my question is on the fron will all i need is the lowering ibeams or woll i need coils as well? I plan to do the bolt-in...
  15. tech on lowering page

im not 100% because I haven't looked under my truck but arent the pictures on the page I have linked below both showing afters http://www.therangerstation.com/Magazine/Dec%2005/tech.htm
  16. crown vic suspension swap?

has any one used the late model crown vic front suspension( hole cross member and all) in a 88-97 2wd ranger to get rid of the factor style suspension
  17. Best year for engine replacement in 93 3.0 ranger

So i know there were changes made to the 3.0 over the years my question is what year i should look for to replace the current 3.0 i have truck has 209k but has a brand-new transmission and fairly straight body with zero rust
  18. self built car

ok so I am wanting to build a car from ground up for fun. list of criteria hold 3 passengers ( 1 adult 2 children) great handling good mileage more than likely will be powered by a Harley twin cam I have the fabrication skills just un sure on where to start with suspension
  19. f350 bed ?

has anyone ever modified bed sides to have the stacks recessed in the outside of the bed?
  20. tdi bronco 2

so i had this idea and i hadnt been on here in months( i did se the TDI ranger build AWESOME) but i did some math and a B2 would be about 100lbs (3276lbs) lighter if this swap was accomplished with a100hp and 177ft.lbs torque(tdi) in stock form as apposed to 140 hp and 140 ft/lbs(2.9 according...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad