• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Fly in the soup

I have a 97 Ford ranger 4x4 with a 4.0 I have been running e-85 all summer in the thing. No problems went from 20-21 hwy to about 17-18 hwy rest about the same. Today I pulled up to the pump for my E-85 $2.69 gal and the attendant came out and told me EPA said he was not allowed to turn pump...
  2. 4.0 engine switch

I have a 97 ford ranger xlt 4x4 5 speed manual tranny with a sick 4.0 in it. I was wondering if anyone knows if I can drop a 4 cylinder in it without any trouble. Bell housing match etc. If so which year and engine would it be? Oh it has a hydralic clutch if that make any diff. Thanks in advance...
  3. Engine swap

I have a 97 ford ranger xlt 4x4 5 speed manual tranny with a sick 4.0 in it. I was wondering if anyone knows if I can drop a 4 cylinder in it without any trouble. Bell housing match etc. If so which year and engine would it be? Oh it has a hydralic clutch if that make any diff. Thanks in...
  4. Things to make 4.0 alchol efficient

I know higher compression is one. In rebuilt plan to have some taken off the heads. what else will help make this thing a real alchol burner. I read that if mods are made mpg will be same or better on alchol even though slower burn than gas. Advance timeing would help I think. Give me some...
  5. propane fuel

I have a 1997 Ford Ranger 4.0 fi. I was reading about a conversion to propane, natural gas or methane. It all sounds straight forward and propane is alot cheaper thean gas or e-85. The instructions are for a carborator engine and of course I have fuel injection. Could I not just hook up on...
  6. Head gasket I think

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I have a fouled out #2 sparkplug and it appears to be coolant and oil on it. I think I have to replace a head gasket just wondering how much work this would be for someone who has never worked on a fuel injected...
  7. Head Gasket 4.0 1987 Ranger 4x4

I have a fouled out #2 sparkplug and it appears to be coolant and oil on it. I think I have to replace a head gasket just wondering how much work this would be for someone who has never worked on a fuel injected vehicle or computer. Last time I worked on a car was my falcon back in 70. Plan to...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad