• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Failing ICM observations '94 2.3l

OK, further observations. I found that my ICM faults out only after heating up and only after a restart. SOOOO if I go out and do the at home ICM test bright and early after an overnight sit, it will test fine. But then I noticed that the right bank of the primary coil craps out after warm up...
  2. '94 2.3l not firing on 1 and 4

'94 2.3l 5 speed no AC California emissions. Some time ago I tried the advice of swapping the wires on the exhaust side coil (front secondary coil) so that they all spark on the fire stroke. Today I realized that my primary coil was not firing on one and four. So I swapped the two coils with one...
  3. SIGH! '94 2.3l 1 and 4 not firing

'94 2.3l 5 speed no AC California emissions. Some time ago I tried the advice of swapping the wires on the exhaust side coil (front secondary coil) so that they all spark on the fire stroke. Today I realized that my primary coil was not firing on one and four. So I swapped the two coils with one...
  4. NEW ISSUE!! TPS help needed. '94 2.3l

OK, '94 2.3l 5 speed, no AC, California emissions. So I've been chasing down all these damn CEL issues, One MIGHT have been caused by a heater hose laying across the air charge/temp sensor. I'll update on that later. Today I decided to test the TPS signals. OK, as follows, the main voltage...
  5. Air charge/ temp sensor, metal or plastic?

I notice that i can get the air charge/temp sensor in either plastic or brass. any idea which is better?
  6. Engine stumbles at city speeds

OK, '94 2.3l 5 speed stick, no AC with California emissions. So I have this glitchy problem. It only happens after the truck heats up and after a restart. I'm rolling along at about 40 and it's like someone takes ahold of the ignition circuit and flips it on and off about 10 times fast. If I...
  7. 94 2.3l 5spd sputters, wont start

OK, heres the story. 1994 2.3l 5spd, no AC with califoirnia emissions. It's been trowing engine codes and not firing from the primary coil. I ran the ICM test and it came back with a back crank position sensor. So I replaced the crank position censor AND the Cam position censor (California...
  8. Crank position sensor replacement, pointers?

So I'm going to replace my crank sensor on my 1994 california spec ranger 2.3l. it seems that this can be difficult. can anyone give me a walkthrough on this?
  9. camshaft position sensor, shaft too?

is it really necessary to replace the camshaft sensor synchronizer shaft along with the sensor? seems like a lot of work....
  10. Crank position sensor??? which one?

so I have a '94 Ranger, 2.3l stick, California. the crank sensor has gone bad. I see that there are two choices with, and without a harness, but the sensor itself looks completely different from one another. which one am i supposed to use? I'm so confused.
  11. speedometer noise and jumping

So at about 55 my speedo gets really noisy and the needle jumps around 15-20 over actual speed. any suggestions? thanks! '94 2.3l 5 speed.
  12. 4cylinder with 5 speed. hard to shift to first?

Hi kids! So I have a '94 2.3l with a 5 speed,non a/c. Shes got 190k miles. I've noticed that I have a hell of s time shifting, especially from 2 to 1st, especially when the weather is hot. Even worse if the truck is at a stop. I need to remember to push it into first just before it comes to a...
  13. HELP! 1994 2.3l ranger stumbles on acceleration

OK here's the story. 1994 Ranger 2.3l manual, 2WD no AC. the engine light has been on for some time. I tried reading the codes, but I got different codes every time and researching what I got led me nowhere. SO I replaced the air filter, fuel filter, PCV, DPFE, TPS, ICM. I Tested the fuel pump...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad