• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. jonsranger

Full truck wiring diagram?

So before I get too far along on this, has anyone made a full truck wiring diagram? I've got one of the EVTMs which has most of the diagrams in it, but they are all broken up so it is easier to see individual components. I need to see the whole big picture for me to comprehend it, I am trying to...
  2. jonsranger

2004 seats in 90?

I have been searching through this thread and the tech page, but I swore I saw a post where someone had done something similar to what I am doing. However I can't find it to save my life. Anyways, I've got a '90 std cab, and got some nice cloth seats from a 04 std cab, both are the 60/40 style...
  3. jonsranger

Fuel pump and sending unit swap?

So I got a Holley Sniper efi set up with the hyper spark ignition for a steal. However, I basically need to run a completely new fuel system with 3/8" line that can handle 60 psi. My '90 ranger that had the 2.9 in it has 5/16" line that needs to be replaced anyways. My question is for the fuel...
  4. jonsranger

Quick help with tool sizes

So my junkyard just got a 04 ranger with the seats I want to swap out with. What tools do I need to remove the seats? and the headliner and basic center console it looks like one of those basic fleet trucks? I'm at work and can't really spend a lot of time searching for answers. Thanks, Jon
  5. jonsranger

90 Ranger V8 Explorer rear axle brakes

So I've done a carbed 302 swap, and a 8.8 disc brake rear axle from a 01 explorer WITH the explorer master cylinder into my 1990 single cab, reg bed, 2wd Ranger that had a 2.9 and 5 speed in it originally. I don't have the stock computer from the ranger anymore. I'm ocd and crazy and am about to...
  6. jonsranger

8.8 swap abs/brake questions

I just did the 8.8 swap from a 2001 exploder into my 90 single cap swb ranger. It came with a 7.5, but I previously swapped in a 9in. Now that I have disc brakes I'd like to hook the abs back up if I can.:icon_welder: 1. The sensor on the axle sorta plugs up to the factory pig tail but it...
  7. jonsranger

Y-Pipe interchange

Hi, I have a '92 super cab, 4x4 4.0 liter ranger, I had to cut the exhaust y pipe to get the trans out, it was rusted really bad at the converter. I was wondering what other years and engines I can get a y pipe off of so that it will bolt up. My y-pipe only had the 1 o2 sensor, so I'm pretty...
  8. jonsranger

body mount brackets, and spring buckets

My '92 ex cab 4x4 ranger has a few rust issues, which I couldn't see when I bought it. 1. the drivers side rear cab mount bracket is pretty much gone, 2. the upper rear shock mounts are gone, 3. the front left spring bucket is cracked in half, the only thing holding it up is a strip of metal...
  9. jonsranger

Door Lock Cylinder help

Does anybody know if a place where i can get new door lock cylinders, lmc, ford, advance auto, autozone, o reilly's all dont carry them anymore. Anybody scrapping a truck where I could buy the cylinders? I've searched, but the ones relevant are years old, back when they were still made. thanks...
  10. jonsranger

access panel?

I did a quick search but I didn't find exactly what I was looking for. So my sisters 98 Explorer sport 4.0 vin x, is not getting any fuel pressure at the rail, and I don't hear the pump come on when I turn the key. I checked the fuses and the relay, they are good. Is there anything else i can...
  11. jonsranger

flange help

Hey guys, i am trying to get some reducers to bolt on to my v8 swap headers, they are the shorty headman headers brand. on the headers they have the 3 bolt ring that is loose around the collector pipe, which on the end is expanded out like a J. summit racing has 4 different kinds of flanges...
  12. jonsranger

9 inch axle bearing replacement

hi guys, i am trying to replace the rear seal on this axle, it has that about 1 inch thick spacer thing that is pressed on, then the bearing, and then the seal. my question is how do i get that spacer thing off with out a press and taking it somewhere, i have a slide hammer, ive heard you can...
  13. jonsranger

just started

Well, i finally got my 302 started tonight, it was funny though i couldnt figure out why it wouldn't stay running, then i remembered that there was only 3 gallons of fuel in it, so it porbably wasn't getting fuel, lol fixed that and threw 7 more gallons at it, started right up. With the straight...
  14. jonsranger

t5 swap?

hey guys, i was just wondering what all i would have to change to swap a t5 from a 2.3 mustang into my 97 2.3 2wd ranger, i'm not sure which trans is already in there, but i was thinking i would get better gear ratios so the truck would be a bit faster. If anyone has done it, what kind of gas...
  15. jonsranger

wiring issue

Hey guys, i'm having a prob, i've got an old 302 using a points style distributor and there is one wire coming out of it, i've seen on a lot of different wiring diagrams that have it going to the negtive side of the coil, is that right? i am also using one of thoes cheapo accel round coils and i...
  16. jonsranger

compatability question

hey guys, so i got what i was told is a rough country 3 inch lift from a bronco 2 in the grave yard, but the problem is that is was a 4x4, i got shocks, coils, radius arm brackets, and pivot brackets. will everything except the pivot brackets bolt on to my 90 2wd ranger? and is there any way i...
  17. jonsranger

alternator?

hey guys, i am having problems with the alternator im using, its an alternator from a 90 2.9, with the mounts at something like 2 and 6 o clock, and the way it is set up when i rev my engine it will slam into the battery tray. so what im wondering is what alternator has the same electrical...
  18. jonsranger

m5r2?

hey guys i am trying to get a 5 speed that will hold up behind my mildly built 302, i had a t5 but it was from a 4 cyc and it was to short. and since i wanted to have a 4x4 i wanted a 4x4 transmission. i was wondering if a m5r2 will hold up? or where can i find an adapter for a t5 to make it...
  19. jonsranger

pic request, 9 in shock mounts

hey guys, like the title says i would like to see how everybody mounted their shocks for a ford 9 inch, if it makes a diff, my truck is a 90 short bed single cab that was 2wd, also do you think it would be a good idea to make one off of the leaf spring plate where the u bolts bolt down to? if...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad