• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. rangeron33s

Brand new head gaskets and heads, coolant in oil. HELP with compression readings

Just finished up my compression test and need help with the results. But first a little back story. Naught this truck for $900 not running. Got it running after running through some wiring and find it had leaky valves. So I bought some refurbished complete heads from oreillys. Didnt have them...
  2. rangeron33s

88 mystery wire

In the middle of my head swap on my 88. I'm moving the wiring harness to the fire wall. Just felt it would look better and be out of the way. In the process I guess I got a little too cut happy and cut a wire about 2 inches from the damn plug because I'm an idiot. Now it's all going back...
  3. rangeron33s

Missing harmonic balancer bolt thread pitch and length?

Title pretty much says it. Bought an 88 with the 2.9 and it's missing the damn main bolt on the harmonic balancer. Dont know how unsafe it is to run without it but I feel like I should probably get one asap. Trying to look everywhere and all I can find is ones for the v8s. But I dont know if...
  4. rangeron33s

Looking for a ohv 4.0!

I'm in missouri, looking to buy a good running ohv 4.0 full engine and harness. Preferably one from a manual transmission. I need the ECM and all of the belt driven items and mounts. Doing a swap into a 1st gen so I need it all.
  5. rangeron33s

Used truck, not the original transmission

So a couple weeks ago I found a 1988 ford ranger for sale and went and picked it up. The guy said the transmission is not original to the truck and that it came out of a Mazda truck around the same year but with the diesel. I was unaware that Mazda also had the diesel engine, but even more...
  6. rangeron33s

bent transmission crossmember

Well I'm pulling my transmission on my 88 4x4 automatic super cab and I'm a little stuck. The cross member is bent and when I go to put it all back together I know it won't go back the same. So before I pull the cross member I need a plan.
  7. rangeron33s

No gauge lights after radio install

I installed my radio last night and now I have no gauge lights. It's an 88 extended can Xlt and there was 2 ignition 12 volts and 1 constant. I tried using one of the ignition wires and it blew the fuse for the lights so I switched to the other one and it blew the fuse for the warning chimer. So...
  8. rangeron33s

Fuel issue on 88 2.9

Baught this truck last night 88 ford ranger 4x4 wxtended cab. Has the 2.9 and has some issues. My main concern is a fuel issue. He told me it has a miss but i think its way off. Likeaybe the low pressure pump. Off and on it seems like im running out of gas. Starts to sputter off and loose power...
  9. rangeron33s

simply out of curiosity

Anybody know what gear ratios came in the 88 4x4s? No reason just curious as to if they started putting the 4:10s in the axles yet and what gear ratios were available back then
  10. rangeron33s

information on the Fx4/ looking to buy

main concern is how trustworthy are the transmissions. i dont want to sign a loan on one at a dealership with 130xxx to have the transmission go out without a warranty. i know back in the A4ld days they were death traps. so my concern is the 2006 era. i almost got a nice 07 with 69xxx but i got...
  11. rangeron33s

Help finding a 7.5l (460) efi.

Alright. I know this is a ranger forum. I don't want to make another forum account just for one thing and I know some guys on here know about this. So here's my predicament. My motor is starting to make noise. Not like a tick or anything but a grind. In between the tyranny and motor...
  12. rangeron33s

Wanting to buy another ranger!

Hey everyone im wanting to buy another ranger. What I'm wanting is a 1st gen 5 speed 4x4 extended cab with the 2.9. It has to run and drive. Body shape, rust doesn't matter to me. Preferably wanting it to pass inspection. As of rite now I have a 2000 spending limit. I'm looking everywhere in...
  13. rangeron33s

My tow rig

It's a late 91 f-superduty with the 7.5 and a 5 speed. I have some plans for this truck and have already done a few things. Cut off the muffler is one of them haha. I picked it up for a steel for 2500. And then wrecked it a week after. All that's left to replace now is the passenger fender and...
  14. rangeron33s

1992 F-superduty/ f-450

Does anyone else have one of these?? I bought one not too awfully long ago for a great price. Great truck. Is just an f-350 from the frame up with f-450 axles and suspension. 460 motor and dual tanks. Just curious if anyone else has one. A little odd it's a 10 lug from the factory.
  15. rangeron33s

Fuel pump wont kick on

Ok so I swapped my 2.9 in my 88 for another 2.9. Before the swap the fuel pump worked fine. I would turn the key to run position and hear it kick on and gurgle and prime. Now I'm wanting to start the new motor for the first time and nothing. Not kicking on at all. The only thing I haven't tried...
  16. rangeron33s

Battery problems

I'm forgetting the simple task of wiring in the battery. Where do I run the positive cable to and what wires go where on the sylenoid. 1988 4x4 ranger Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
  17. rangeron33s

Missing spout connector!

Ok so I'm missing the spout plug that plugs into the distributor. No sign of it ever even being in the wiring harness. No cut wires or anything! can somebody with a 1st gen 2.9 (preferably an 88) please take a picture of there's and where it leads into the wiring harness?!?! Sent from my...
  18. rangeron33s

Unknown part

Anyone know what this is for? I'm in the middle of a 88 ranger truck project so I don't want to get rid of it. But idk if it was off of my 92. I feel like it had something to do with the transfer case. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
  19. rangeron33s

Starting my sas swap. Have questions

If I do go worth full length. How would I go about mounting the suspension since everything would be wider? Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
  20. rangeron33s

Transmission and tcase fluid?

Alright so I just got back from a 20 sit in at orielly while they were trying to look up what weight of fluid touse in the transmission and tcase on my 88 ranger. They said mercon in the tcase. Is that correct? And then they had to call up somewhere to get the info for my 88 fm146 and they said...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad