• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. ranger 4.0 coolant leak on block?

i have an '01 ranger 6cyl. 4L. if your looking under the hood on the left side of the truck the coolant hose goes into a canister type thing stuck in the block. somewhere between that hose and the canister looking thing is where the leak is. Whats this part called and roughly how much am i...
  2. Battery dead, lots of corrosion.

I feel stupid asking this question. But ocasionaly i go out when its real cold, and my batteries dead. theres large amounts of white gunk on the positive terminal. I know. My batteries fried, its like two years old. But what causes all that white gunk to build up on the terminal? what actually...
  3. Heater fan issues maybe?

Ok. Last year. The fan would blow hot air up till setting 3/4, and would blow air at 4 but made a weird humming noise. This year the only setting that blows any sort of heat is the fourth fan speed setting which still makes that humming noise. I assumed the cabin air filter was trashed. But a...
  4. Bad connection or something. Truck dont start.

Ok. Well when you turn the key backwards for the accessories, everything works at full power. If you turn the key forward like to start the lights barely light up it doesn't even try to start. I cleaned the battery terminals. Followed to wires bak to the fuse box and cleaned those connections...
  5. Off roader in New York who needs a place to ask silly questions!

My names Allen, My baby is Brandy. 6Cyl 4.0 4x4(duh) yellow ranger, locally famous for being the biggest pile of crap that should've died a long time ago buts still running somehow (after all, it is a Ford). Brandys my only street legal vehicle so she goes to work with me landscaping and on the...
  6. I want to elimate all electric components... 01 Ranger

Well not all. But everything unnecessary, me and the truck work hard, play harder. Ive sunk it before. and im constantly having electrical issues. Now yes im an idiot truck dont belong underwater. I know. I dont plan on doing so again. But late nights on the trails, stupid things happen...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad