• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. DRanger024

Weird lever

Anyone know what this lever is for? It’s in an ‘89
  2. DRanger024

For Sale M5Od-R2 steel bearing retainer

Ordered one for an M5-R1 and received this one instead. You pay cost of shipping (flat rate envelope) and it’s yours.
  3. DRanger024

Air compressor guru

I know at least one of you on here probably know a ton of stuff about air compressors. I’m having a hard time identifying a pump on a vintage champion compressor I picked up. I need to order seals for it and I don’t want to dick around ordering the wrong stuff. So… can any of you help? 1961...
  4. DRanger024

Using tools the WRONG WAY

I know we all do it... Flat blade screw drivers as pry bars, wrenches as hammers, hammers as every other tool. So what have you used tools the wrong way for? I recently used a Dana inner seal driver as a spreading device where a bottle jack wouldn't work. While technically not wrong for the...
  5. DRanger024

Snow!

Anyone else getting their first signs of the white stuff? This pretty much marks the point where the truck semi-hibernates until spring :cry: Got the old Grizz out for some snonuts already though. That never gets old.
  6. DRanger024

Pics from today

7. DRanger024

Johnny vs. Creeper vs. heims

So the QA1 Rock Ends I bought when I built my extended radius arms are junk. I cooked the passenger side joint with heat from the catalytic converter and you can't disassemble the joint far enough to clean it out and grease it. Long story short, I'd like to replace them with something more...
  8. DRanger024

Rod ends etc…

So what are your favorite and why? Like in depth why. I have 1.25” QA1 rock ends on my ‘94 and I do not approve. Drivers side has been awesome for 18+ months but the passenger side has been cooked to death by the catalytic converter and creaks. It’s super annoying and when I take it apart to...
  9. DRanger024

Essential jobs...

So what’s keeping you guys working? I’m a welder for the last 12 years, also ran a PTA hardfacing machine for the first 8 of that on and off and have been running and programming the burning table at work for the last 6ish years. All serving the paper industry. So what do you do? My wife is a...
  10. DRanger024

Wanted 89-94 dash harness

Looking for a complete dash harness for my ‘94 ranger. Must be a cruise control harness. Located in Central Wisconsin
  11. DRanger024

My rig

Here’s my rig. I got the old Radio Shack CB for free along with a fiberglass K40 antenna. Upgraded the coax to a firestik fire ring unit. I have a brand new Uniden 520XL sitting on the bench but I’m having a hard time giving up the wx. Had the antenna mounted on the drivers side fender but fuel...
  12. DRanger024

Manual hub rattle

So I’ve been chasing a rattle in the front end of my truck for a couple months or so. It happens when I hit small bumps, cracks in the black top or go down a rough road. Almost sounds like a loose washer on a bolt. The driver side always rattled more than the passenger side but both do it...
  13. DRanger024

‘94 4x4 Swap/Build

'94 Ranger SWB 4x4 and 4.0 swap. This was the first truck I ever bought. Paid $900 for it in late 2005 with 194,000 miles on it. It was a fairly plane jane 2.3 2wd XLT. No cruise, A/C, Power windows etc. To make a long story short, I sold it to a buddy in late 2008 with ~230,000 miles on it. He...
  14. DRanger024

Drive shaft differences

So I need to buy a rear drive shaft for my ‘94 swb that I converted to 4x4. The problem is I’m running the drivetrain and axles from a ‘97. 4.0, M5OD, 1354E and 8.8 rear. All the parts stores list different shafts for ‘89-‘94 and ‘95-‘97. There are two shafts available for the older trucks, a...
  15. DRanger024

97 trans/t-case in 94 truck

Will the speedometer cable work in the vss port on the t-case housing? I believe they use the same gears don’t they? Thanks, Rick.
  16. DRanger024

SWB 4x4 rear driveshaft

Looking for a double cardan rear shaft for a regular cab short bed 4x4 5 speed truck. 93-97
  17. DRanger024

Rear driveshaft - regular cab short bed

Ok so I picked up an extended cab ‘97 B4000 4x4 5-speed to do a 4wd/4.0 swap on my ‘94 2.3 5-speed 2wd regular cab short bed Ranger. Since the regular cab short bed 4x4 trucks seem to be about as rare as hens teeth around here and I’ll need a rear driveshaft, I’m wondering if the rear shaft out...
  18. DRanger024

Weird thought

So I had an idea the other day to make my front sway bar kind of adjustable. I have a set of KYB coil over shocks from an old snowmobile laying around that just happen to fit the stock end link bolts. So I guess I was thinking about mounting one end to the top of the end link and the other to...
  19. DRanger024

I'm back! Again

Got my first Ranger back from my buddy's dad. He's had it since late 2008 and did nothing but neglect it. It sat for the last two years with a bad brake line. Nagged him long enough about it that he signed the title and told me to just get the thing out of his driveway :D The day it came home...
  20. DRanger024

I'm back!!

I'm sure no one remembers me here anymore. But I had this: Sold it after my first daughter was born because it was too small. Made a string of bad decisions after I sold it. Think Mopar. About 5 of them :bad::bad: But now I'm back in another RBV with this: And I couldn't be happier with...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad