• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. rangersteve

Cylinder head torquing

I'm in the process of putting my truck back together after replacing the cylinder head gaskets. Just finished torquing all the bolts and I over torqued one on the final torque. (torque angle) Specs says to torque to 80-85 degrees and I went to 108 deg on one of the bolts. I backed it off to...
  2. rangersteve

Mirror interchangeability

I've got a 91 ranger with flag style mirrors and have always wanted the big chrome ones. Has anyone ever swapped over to these. I was wonder how tricky the swap would be. Different mounting holes? I think the big ones have an inner brace too. Maybe a whole new door is easier.
  3. rangersteve

Anyone have pics of 2nd gen ranger with 6" sus 3" BL

Anyone have pics of 2nd gen ranger with 6" sus 3" BL. I've currently got a 6" lift with 33x12.50s and was wondering how big a tire i could run with a 3" body lift. Am I crazy for wanting to run 37's. I mean they're only really 2'' bigger in radius. I don't mind trimming either. Any pics?
  4. rangersteve

Spare tire tie-down

So I've got 33" tires on my ranger and am looking for ideas on how you guys have mounted your spare tires. Right now mine is just sitting in the box but it would be nice to have in secured maybe even locked so that no one can steal it. Where have you mounted your spares? Thanks
  5. rangersteve

Trailer Hitches

Anyone have pictures of their trailer hitches? I am especially considering a hidden hitch for my 91 ranger but I cannot find any pictures of what it will look like installed. I'm looking for a hitch that doesn't hang down too low. Thanks.
  6. rangersteve

Let's see your pics. Second Generation Ranger with 33's or bigger

Let's see your pics. Here is my truck.
  7. rangersteve

Spark plug gap

So I bought some platinum plugs for my truck and I was going to buy a gapping tool, but the guy at the parts store, Lordco, said you don't need to gap these plugs, they are already set to spec. It this true? According to my Haynes manual they should be gapped to 0.044 in Any advice is...
  8. rangersteve

belltech 6400's

I found the magazine article in the TRS magazine section and think it should be in the Tech Library. Am I just missing it? Who can put it there.
  9. rangersteve

Extended radius arm install

I'm in the process of installing some skyjacker extended radius arms. Right now i'm stuck on the radius arm to i-beam bolts. Anyone have any tips for getting these suckers out? An impact gun and lots of penetrating oil? Might have to buy a new impact gun. My canadian tire cheapo gun...
  10. rangersteve

Radius Arm Drop Brackets

I've installed a 6" skyjacker lift kit on my 1991 Ranger supercab. Until I have the money, I've got the radius arm drop brackets. But when I installed them, the two bolts that go up into the frame will not go back in. The holes don't line up (I guess there were drilled wrong?). Right now...
  11. rangersteve

Regearing/Lockers

I have recently lifted my ranger 6" and installed 33" tires. I have realized that my 3.73 gearing isn't low enough and want to regear to 4.56. I figure while I'm regearing I might as well install lockers. I'm not sure what to go with though. Lockers front and rear? Or just rear? I thought...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad