• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. AOD valve body

Hello, I have a 1983 Ford Ranger with a 351windsor and an AOD transmission (both from 1983). My tranny won't shift out of first. I've narrowed it down to either a stuck valve or a stuck governor. My question are the valves on the valve body supposed to be pushed in and out easily or are they...
  2. Granada rear end, parking cable help

Hello, I have a 17983 Ford Ranger and I swapped out my rear end for a Granada 9-inch (1978). I was wondering if anyone has some tips for the parking cables. It has disc brakes, I will post a picture. I'm not sure if stock ranger cables will work, or there is any cable I can buy that works. My...
  3. AOD help, can't shift out of first

Hello, I have a 1983 Ford Ranger with a 351 Windsor and an AOD transmission. For some reason, it will not shift out of first gear (reverse works fine). I adjusted my TV cable properly with a pressure gauge, made by MAC, so I know that's not the problem. I was wondering if there are any common...
  4. AOD transmission help

Hello, I have a 1983 Ford Ranger with a 351windsor and an AOD transmission. I recently finished up putting it all together. It ran fine and smooth, then when I went to test drive it I had no gears. Absolutely nothing, well Park and Neutral work. The transmission came with the truck and I didn't...
  5. TV cable help

Hello, I have a 1983 Ford Ranger that I dropped a 351w with an AOD transmission into. I'm trying to figure out the correct set up for my TV cable, I have a Holley carb. To my knowledge I have stock brackets for the throttle cable and TV cable, two separate brackets. I did some research and it...
  6. Vacuum trouble

Hello, I have a 1983 Ford Ranger which i'm putting a 351 windsor (w/ AOD) in it and I need to know how to connect up the vacuum hoses. If anyone has a diagram that would be fantastic. I believe the engine is from the 70's, but not 100% sure. I have a holley 4bbl on it as well. Also, if anyone...
  7. Alternator Bracket, Power Steering Bracket

Hello, I'm putting a 351windsor in a 1983 Ford Ranger. I have everything ready to go except my alternator and power steering brackets. Yes, I know the part numbers and that you need to find a car between 1978-1986 with the correct v8 pulley. I went to a junkyard and found a power steering...
  8. Power Steering Pump

I have a 1983 Ford Ranger which I am putting in a 351w in it. I read up online to use these three part numbers. I'm having trouble finding which models they actually came off of, if anyone knows that would be a great help. Ford P/S Brackets P/N E7TZ-3C511-A Ford P/S Pump P/N E6SZ-3A674-B Ford...
  9. 83 Ranger 351w swap

I have a 1983 Ford Ranger that I am putting in a 351w in and I was wondering what dipstick i could use for an AOD transmission that would clear everything because i know its going to be a tight fit.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad