• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 88 Ranger Swap

Hi all, well I've decided I'm going to pull out the old 2.9 and make the move for more reliability and power. With that said though, I am focusing on reliability and how difficult the job is going to be. I'm a freshman in college and cost would be a concern. I understand that If I'm going to do...
  2. A4LD vacuum modulator

Hey all, my 88 ranger 4x4 shifts extremely rough, mostly in 1st to 2nd. And I got some advice that the vacuum modulator on the transmission is most likely the problem. I got the part at the auto parts store (not color coded) and replaced it in my truck. When I replaced it there was evidence the...
  3. Replaced Fuel Pumps, now won't start.

So I thought the problem was my tfi, replaced it, moved it, the whole nine yards. Anyways I replaced the in tank pump and the high pressure pump, and fuel filter. When I turn the key you can hear the in tank pump prime. I reset the inertia switch. When I turn the ignition, the engine just turns...
  4. 88 overheating/troubleshooting

Hey everyone, I'm new to this forum. I have a 1988 Ford Ranger 2.9 4x4. When I go on drives longer then an hour it will suddenly bog down. I try to give it gas but it slowly dies. If I pop the hood and let it cool for about 30min then it starts up fine and keeps running. When I overheat the temp...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad